IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought about putting a EBC on my STi to help the boost creep issue with a catless turbo back exhaust in place. Does anyone have experiance with a EBC on an STi yet? Also, I am wondering if the boost controller holds boost successfully with the drive by wire throttle? My buddy that had an S4 thinks I won't be able to use a EBC on my STi because he couldn't with his drive by wire throttle. Can anyone help me here?

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I use a Greddy Profec B Spec II works great. Helps with boost creep but doesn't totally prevent it. I am porting my turbo soon. That will eliminate the problem.

I posted my dyno results earlier (taken with CEL illuminated :( )

·
Registered
104 Posts
i was thinking going the route of the apexi acv-r or avc-r (whatever the name is). i am also going with the TXS UTEC this spring (i am on an order list w/ world one). will i need the EBC with the UTEC or can i do all of the same things w/ the UTEC that i can do w/ the EBC. i haven't really looked into the technical aspects of the EBC yet. any help would be appreciated. BTW, the mods for the winter will be: Blitz Nur-Spec R cat-back, Perrin DP, Perrin UP, Perrin short-ram, Perrin crank pulley, Worx Tuning dual stage BOV, UTEC (spring), and maybe the EBC if this helps.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, thanks guys. What PSI are you guys running your EBC at? I hope the exhaust will help uncork the STi's top end power, in addition, I'll have a Blitz SUS on the intake side of things. I was thinking 16 psi should be nice with the EBC if I can do it safely with no knock. I only get crap 91 octane gas here in Colorado.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
keep the EBC set to ~16.5-17 My dyno boost curves and an Excel plot of my best run is below. Note I hit fuel cut on the run that went over 17psi, so what ended up as my best run was with the CEL. I was still pleased.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What other mods did you have for that run Xman. I am going to dyno my STi stock before I start adding parts as well.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Self install stereo?

invidia DP and 3" custom exhaust with 3" high flow cat to complement the EBC. I'll be back on the same dyno once I get my wastegate ported and possibly an e-manage system.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Avoid the AVC-R Boost Controller. The Fuzzy logic is a pain in the ass and would always overboost on my 3000GT VR4

1 - 10 of 10 Posts