IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
I wanted to consider an aluminum knob, but during winter time it'll freeze my hand ... Got a Momo Race Air instead ...

·
wie geht es ihnen?
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
STi_Thunder said:
I wanted to consider an aluminum knob, but during winter time it'll freeze my hand ... Got a Momo Race Air instead ...
it's really not that bad. i had a stainless rob knob on my S4 for a while - it's not like your hand will freeze to it. and it warms up to a reasonable temp fairly quickly since it's metal.

the time to be careful is during a very hot afternoon!

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
the time to be careful is during a very hot afternoon!
Absolutely! I have a steel one. I've never had a problem with cold, even down to nearly zero. There have been a number of days in the summer when the car was parked so that the sun hit the knob. All that mass stores a lot of energy, and it's obviously pretty conductive. There have been days that I could not hold the knob long enough to shift.

One solution to this is to keep some kind of fabric sock in the glove box, similar to a golf club cover, just in case. The knob will cool down fast as your hand draws energy out of it, you just need to do it at a controlled rate.

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
ETR-AM/FM Cassette 6-Disc CD Changer

The problem with the Momo knobs is that it makes the shifter taller because of the reverse-lockout ring on the STi. It may look fugly and balky, but I like the feel, which matters most.

The Prodrive however I think, from what I've seen, fits the reverse lockout perfectly...

My crappy 2.0MP camera makes it look funny ... but it matches the blue of the leather...

·
Chuck taught me everything I know
504 Posts
STi_Thunder said:
The problem with the Momo knobs is that it makes the shifter taller because of the reverse-lockout ring on the STi. It may look fugly and balky, but I like the feel, which matters most.

The Prodrive however I think, from what I've seen, fits the reverse lockout perfectly...

My crappy 2.0MP camera makes it look funny ... but it matches the blue of the leather...
Looks like you got the one that uses the set screws. They make one for the STi that screws on and sits lower.

·
Registered
347 Posts
i bought that same prodrive knob, and it fits perfectly. it does get a little cool, but i'll be more concerned in the summer. i'll have to keep something in the car to keep over it. i had an aluminum one in my civic, and it got a little hot sometimes.oh yeah, i just installed the carbon shift trim from vivid tonight. looks nice, i'd post pics, but my camera doesn't shoot in small enough file sizes to post, and my roomates is hidden somewhere...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts