IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen a lot of discussion about the titanium knob from JapanParts, but I think the momo one looks better. Anyone tried it? I thought I read that the knob just screws off the shifter, but does the momo one screw on or is it have to be secured somehow?

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
I had heard rumors of this as well. I have an aluminum Race Airleather knob on my Civic right now. . . but I heard you can get a version of this very same knob with threading made for Subaru shift stalks. If the reverse-lockout ring doesn't interfere with the knob's placement, then I'm all over ordering one! :D

·
Registered
452 Posts
I have a Momo Airmetal on mine. I didn't need to modify anything. I used the parts and tool included in the package to install the knob on mine. Unlike the stock STi knob, the Momo knob does not screw on. You have to put it on and tighten it using three separate screws from the side. If you get a package, you will know what I mean.

It does make the stick slightly longer than the stock, though. You may or may not like it. I think it is probably 1/2-1" longer. I can't tell exactly as I have never measured it.

I personally like it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
rjhang said:
I have a Momo Airmetal on mine. I didn't need to modify anything. I used the parts and tool included in the package to install the knob on mine. Unlike the stock STi knob, the Momo knob does not screw on. You have to put it on and tighten it using three separate screws from the side. If you get a package, you will know what I mean.

It does make the stick slightly longer than the stock, though. You may or may not like it. I think it is probably 1/2-1" longer. I can't tell exactly as I have never measured it.

I personally like it.
Then you have the regular WRX shift nob, that is why you lever is too long now. There IS now a 6MT Momo Race nob made specificaly for the reverse lockout. Sadly though, I have had mine on order for over a month and they are STILL on backorder. I can't wait to get it to replace that blob of leather that is on the car now - and really loved my Momo nob I had on my old WRX. Ha ha, I was just going to post too, to ask if anyone had found some in stock somewhere. You can see it either on Momo's website, or that japanparts.com site.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Looking for an update. Anyone have the part no. and/or pictures of the Momo 6MT STI shift knob? I don't want my shifter any longer and I want the knob to fit right.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yeah, the OEM Momo knob made specifically for Subaru has the threading and screw right on...the regular aftermarket Momo knobs use an allen-key type install (I think).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts