IW STi Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
hmmm not seen that one yet... wonder how well it works and what it actually looks like (as that is definitely not it since we dont have a I-4 manifold ;) ). T67 sounds pretty big too, i know the T78s would do 700hp + on supras with the fuel upgrades and all... wonder how much hp you could expect from something like that?

Robert~

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
yea im thinken about my old t76 bb that i was going to put on my rotary......but im looken at a t66 too! i neeed to be fast!

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
well if you put it on the STi make sure to beef up the drivetrain... people are having problems stock let alone putting a bigger turbo on..

Robert~

·
Registered
357 Posts
Give the STi to my wife????

I've actually ran a T67 on a WRX and I was not very impressed. Perhaps the housing size was not properly matched but I didn't get that much power and the laf was sizable. I made more power on a GT30R and had much faster spool up.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Slowride said:
Who's having drivetrain problems stock?
I know of a guy in town (s/n on club wrx scottinal) that has snapped his drive shaft or his axel or something... stock... hes not the only one either. Very stick track or surface + hard launch = problems. Adding another 100+ hp = more problems. Definitely going to need to beef up the drivetrain if you wanna run a bigger turbo (unless you never do anything but runs from a roll of course).

Robert~

·
Registered
575 Posts
Anyone done a custom fibre glass sub installation?

isnt the way the car is being used the problem? how can anything hold up that is being used that way?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
there is a guy getting beefier axles (do a search) he broke one (pictures were posted), but his sole intentions are winning at the drag strip

i would like to hit 400hp+ too one day but i will keep boost low in 1st and no clutch drops.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I'd much rather snap an axle or fry a clutch then eat diff ring gears or blow trannys.

That seems like a safe trade-off if your gonna get on it at the dragstrip.

I didn't realize STis had axles designed to fail? What PSI or torque are they supposed to let go at?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts