IW STi Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anyone's seen some kind of clear foglight covers for the purty new JDM foglights I'm going to install this spring...?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
If you're just looking to protect the lenses from rocks, I'd just go with a protective film that you can cut to size, such as that mentioned above or from a place like xpel.com

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, or something simply shaped like the STi's existing "foglight cover", but clear and with some sort of allowance for attaching it to the trim around the foglights. That would be ideal.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: --< Hello >--

Ehh, it wouldn't be too tough, but I don't have the means or the patience to sit down with Plexiglas and a heat gun and sort the whole thing out....

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Only real issue I see is the actual attachment of the discussed cover. To put the stock covers back on (assuming a clear version is found/made), you need to remove the shroud around the light. The shroud trims all the way up to the seams, leaving no engagement area for a full cover.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup, I realize that. I'd be okay with a couple of small attachment holes, if necessary. It would be nice to get them to fit the way the STi fog covers on my RS do - two tabs and a screw - but that would be tougher to get to work.

I'll take a closer look when I put the fogs in. I may just use the factory fog covers for the times when I don't need foglights. Clear ones would be ideal, though.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I just had a couple sets of the clear headlight protectors arrive and I noticed in the parts catalog that clear fog light protectors are also available. From the looks of fog light protectors they are designed to fit the JDM style foglights. I don't think any drilling is required for fitment. I couldn't be happier with the headlight protectors and I can only assume that quality is the same for the fog light protectors.

I might be making another order shortly for the hood protector for my car and I could order you a set of the fog light protectors. Let me know and I can find out the price. I'm guessing under $75.00 for the set.

I have a couple set of the headlight protectors for sale in the private classified forum:

http://www.imprezawrxsti.com/postnuke/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=5305

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
As far as I can tell, those are circular covers for the fogs only as opposed to the full triangular opening cover ZenBoy is seeking...but great find. BTW...where did you order those? I might be interested in a set of mud flaps like that.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The mudflaps for the STi are listed in the catalog as "TBA" and as far as I know they are still unavailable. These are imports from Australia.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lstepnio said:
I might be making another order shortly for the hood protector for my car and I could order you a set of the fog light protectors. Let me know and I can find out the price. I'm guessing under $75.00 for the set.
Hey, I'd be interested in those. Not quite what I was hoping for, admittedly, but better than nothing!

Thanks!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Absolutely. I'm guessing they'll do great, and probably even be less noticeable than the headlight covers. 'Course, everyone will have to wait to hear until April, when it warms up enough here to do car work outside...!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am running the JDM fogs now and am interested in those covers. Possible to get a link or info?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts