IW STi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seeing 100-105% idc's and ~11.7-11.8 afr 4500-6000rpm which I can't really control, needless to say it's undesirable and prohibits the clean timing I want to run, has anyone been able to get some headroom back by just installing the pump?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nhluhr said:
It all depends on whether your stock pump can maintain full fuel pressure at redline. Some can't.

It's an $80 mod that has the potential to save you a lot of time/money (if you have to schedule a second tuning appointment).
well it's retuned and retuned actively, however now that we're going for the gold with the VF39 keeping a 11.0:1 AFR past 4800rpm is just not possible, it's either drop the boost (which is increasing airflow) or provide more fuel, hoping to make that happen with a pump vs. injectors/pump or relaxing the boost

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
When I was tuned, I was told that my car required a fuel pump in order to be tuned correctly. I'm not sure if it is a car to car basis, but this occurred in my situation as it was running on the lean side during the Pro-tune.

Tim (Wolfplayer) has said that a Fuel pump has no significant effects for a Stage 2 STi.

Thread: http://www.iwsti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41059&highlight=Fuel

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
While I agree with WolfPlayer on everything, I also see Scott's point... Jeff/Turboqueef on this board runs the same exact parts I do targetting the same exact afr's/timing/airflow... however his car has no problem keeping the IDC's 95-96% on a day where mine would be 105-108%... he can even get his 5000-6000 region into the 10s if he wants, which just isn't possible with mine...

so it sounds like to me every car is different and wolfplayer may have had a stock fuel system that faired better as jeff's does... they are both 05's, mine's an 04... but until i log some more 05s i won't be able to say for sure how you narrow it down

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I could do the same on my stock pump as well.In never saw 100% idc's even running into the 10's at 15 psi @ redline. Another alternative is WI where I am pushing 16psi @ redline and only hitting 80% IDC's ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.