IW STi Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you've replaced the stock RE070 tires, please tell me what tires you installed and the effect on handling, comfort, and noise. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Just saw :

Bridgestone
Potenza RE070
Size:225/45WR17

are 175 at Tirerack.com

·
Registered
668 Posts
I haven't replaced the tires, but they sure are noisy!

Ride quite rough too. Checked the PDI tire pressure of 42 and lowered them to 32...that helped a bit.

When these wear out we will not use these again. Gain in performance isn't worth it for us.

:)

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I'd like to look into either a set of Victoracers or Azenis to replace these.

I don't mind the ride with these tires at all. Heck, stiff sideway = less rolling over on the edges. I love these tires to tell the truth. I'm sure there are better, but for an OEM tire....damn! Thanks Subaru!

·
Registered
251 Posts
These tires are great! As Hispanics said, don't lower the front pressure under 36. Remember the Firestone fiasco -- low tire pressure + overweight SUV = kablooey.

If you think they're noisy and rough, slap a set of Yokohama A032Rs on... I have S03's on my GC8, and I prefer the RE070s.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I am trying to acquire a set of Advan Neova AD07's from japan to go on my 18 inch Prodrive GC-07C's i have on order. A friend of mine in Japan has them on his altezza and he can't stop talking about them. I tried finding a place in america to get them but didn't luck out. My friend is willing to mail me a set but we can't get the shipping low enough to where its worth it. You know how much it costs to EMS four tires......good lord man!! Peace!!

Oh if i can't get those i will go with my good ol staple tire....toyo proxes t1-s. Not the absolute best but close enough for me.

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
RDiamond said:
These tires are great! As Hispanics said, don't lower the front pressure under 36. Remember the Firestone fiasco -- low tire pressure + overweight SUV = kablooey.

If you think they're noisy and rough, slap a set of Yokohama A032Rs on... I have S03's on my GC8, and I prefer the RE070s.
RD . . . how DO you like your S03s on the STi? I picked up a set already (at a great price) to slap on one I pick mine up. Winters here in the Seattle area tend to stay very soggy, and I've heard the S03s provide very good wet weather traction. . . for a high performance tire.

·
Registered
251 Posts
S03s are good in the wet, but I haven't had problems with the 070s in the wet, either -- and it rained Seattle-style for the entire first month I had the car.

The S03s are on my 1998 Impreza, not the STi. Since I drive them both back to back (the 98 has the Prodrive suspension) I definitely prefer the 070s.

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Interesting. . . well, I'll give my new S03s a chance, but I'm keeping the RE070s anyway. I'll try the RE070s first and see how they do IN Seattle. :lol:

I'm just concerned about the RE070s in the snow and ice. Granted we don't get a lot of either around here, we have so many hills that tires not suited for those conditions tend to make travel rather treacherous.

T

·
0 Posts
Anybody else experience hard downshifts?

The 070s would be terrible in snow or slush, they are strickly a summer tire. I bet the cold makes them hard as hell also.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Question for the black STi owners...

I recommend Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3s. I really do think they are one of the best wet traction tires for their price. Me being FROM seattle have purchased these and they work great in all conditions BUT SNOW. They are great for summer or rain... They aren't very noisy. If i wasn't mistakened the Eagle F1s are the same tires they put on the McClaren F1s. Keep in mind this tire was designed as a eurpoean performance tire. On tire rack they run 157 dollars a tire. IF anyone has any better tires for the buck i'd really like to know.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
I just read a few things about those F1s and I am definitely considering them. They are not the best for dry but did a lot better than the rest when it came to wet conditions.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Hawkeye1951 said:
If you've replaced the stock RE070 tires, please tell me what tires you installed and the effect on handling, comfort, and noise. Thanks in advance.
Im goin to put on 245/40ZR 17 kuhmo ecsta mxs ($127 / tire) today. I will let you know how it goes.

Robert~

1 - 15 of 15 Posts