IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nope but hoping work send me to our new office there at some point. I'd like to check it out. One of my managers seems to go there about 3 times a year.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yup I was there from '08-'10!

Best times of my life there. Loved the car scene too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is definitely track heaven here and the mountain roads are amazing. Most of the people I know are drifters so we take trips to Fuji Speedway and Ebisu but trying to find more people that are into grip racing.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I was in Japan from 1999 - 2001. Loved it. Wouldn't mind living there indefinitely. Wasn't into the car scene when I was there (not really now, either). Loved looking at the cars and motorcycles, though, especially since back then, there were no Evos/STis in the US.

·
Registered
7,626 Posts
Man I wish I was. I would love to go to Japan. There grassroots motorsports scene is awesome out there.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I lived in Yokota AB, pretty close to Tokyo. Couldn't complain. Where we're the rest of you guys at?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
My wife was stationed at Camp Zama and I accompanied her. We went all over. Went skiing at Nagano as well as doing some fishing at Lake Ashi. My wife was a linguist, which helped. Hated the trains, though.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I'm at Yokota right now I like to go visit Shibuya, Shinjuku & Roppongi a lot
Been to hachioji yet? One of my favorite bars are there. Not sure if you've been to apple martinis. Look for the bartender billy, awesome guy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Billy is the man I like always go to Apple Martini it's one of my favorite bars. I always get the Lamborgini Shot.

Yeah the trains suck I like driving every where but tolls kill you and finding parking as you get closer to Tokyo is a pain in the ass. I want to take a bullet train to Osaka.

·
Registered
156 Posts
i lived at misawa from 99-03 and finished high school there. me and my buds were all into cars and even though we couldnt afford nice cars we did have some sweet audio equipment that couldnt be found in the states at the time :)

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Im there for about 2-3 months out of the year :D. Usually around akihabara or ikebukuro while in toyko.
I do prefer to relax in kyoto though. Heading back this Jan!

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
I actually enjoy taking the trains buses and subways everywhere. Kyoto is just really quiet and very surreal to me. Though rainbow bridge is pretty amazing at night.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts