IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a hold of a press release from SOA the other day titled "SUBARU INTRODUCES THE 2004 IMPREZA WRX STi AT NORTH AMERICAN INTERNATION AUTOSHOW" - might be old news to you guys in the states, but this is the first bit of info I could get here in Canada from my dealer (unfortunately it says nothing about the Canadian version). It describes in the standard features list "Projector-beam halogen fog lights with STi covers" - so for those who wondered if there are fog lights under the covers, there are.

What I was wondering is how do these covers come off? What I have seen on past Euro-spec STi's were what looked like hex-screws holding the covers on. From the pics I have seen of our STi, there are no obvious points of attachment - I hope they don't just pull off and snap back into place. People with BMW, Mercedes, and others cars around here have had their trunk and hood emblems stolen of the car - are "without-tools" removable fog light covers with the STi Subaru Technica International going to fall prey as well?

For those guys who have seen the STi in flesh and bone, have you seen the car with the fog light covers off, and if so how did they come off/go back on. If you haven't seen the covers off, did you see any point of attachment?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I was wondering about that very same thing myself yesterday. Either they will just pop on and off or you will have to go behind the bumper to undo them.

Either way.....I'm betting if someone wanted em, they could have em.

And we do get fogs.....cool. I'm doubting they are those cool JDM blue/yellow units....but fogs are fogs. At least we don't just have holes there.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
i hope there's an interlock with the foglight switch. i'd hate to melt away the covers by accidently having the fogs on whent he covers are in place. :)

·
Registered
886 Posts
there are fogs under the covers? that's different from the previous sti, but i like it, now i don't have to buy fogs for when i take off the pink fog covers.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
This will really shock me if there is. The STi 7 never had fogs under the covers. I seriously doubt that there are any..especially since the stereo had to be an option to keep weight down..

We'll see though..I was one of those people who knew we would get a 2.0L..so surprise me SOA..hehe :lol:

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
Can you post that press release, MYSTi? Having fogs is good news :)

That's one question I didn't even think to ask. I also relooked at Alfredob1's and my own pics, couldn't see how the covers were attached. I hope they're attached with hex or even torx screws.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts