IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got my hands on a snow performance stage 2 water meth kit, the install seems pretty SHAREit self explanatory but does lead with some questions. Should I install it into the intake manifold or splice into the injector lines individually? What kind of injectors would you need to support this? If installed into manifold, would 1 large nozzle or 2 smaller nozzles be better? I know methanol has a higher octane and would allow me to run leaner AFR, so would an injector upgrade even be necessary? I already have access to accesstuner, and I know how to tune AFR's, but som Appvn e help in tuning for water meth would be nice. Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm running methanol on my 2007 STI and spray just before my throttle body with one nozzle. There are fail safes available and specifically you want something that monitors flow as well...I think I'm going to go the route of the AEM failsafe kit which you can tap into your ebcs to cut boost OR tap the female test connector to trigger limp home mode in the event of a failure. Methanol injection is great, keeps everything super cool and will definitely help to prevent ringland failure if done right. If you're tuned to need it a failsafe is a must if your going to be tracking it especially. If you're just using it as a safety net and not tuned to need it just enjoy. I have two different tunes one with meth and one with out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts