IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good set of floor mats and I've had good luck with Husky, but it seems the Weathertech are even better. Neither site lists the 2012 Imprezza... just 2011. I had my local parts store contact Weathertech and he was told the 2012 is somehow different than 2011 but wasn't specific. No idea when they will come out with them.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?! I know the 2012 is the same as the 2011 except the headlights, but who knows if they made even a slight change tot he floor pan or something else?

Is anyone running either mats from 2011 in their 2012?

Its winter here and I could really use them!

·
Registered
863 Posts
The 2012 IMPREZA is different inside...
But the 2012 WRX & STI are carry-over models, so the fit is 100%

i have Weather-Tech digital fit liners in my 2012 STI, fit perfect, absolutely love them

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I should add that the car is the hatch model. You guys with good success is yours hatch or sedan and does it matter?

[Edit - the post quoted above confirms that these fit well in Hatch but have some fitment issues in the Sedan. - Thanks]

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was looking at the same for my 2012 WRX... So will the 2011 digital fit ones fit perfect in the 2012 sedan? I just don't want to order if they won't.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I was looking at the same for my 2012 WRX... So will the 2011 digital fit ones fit perfect in the 2012 sedan? I just don't want to order if they won't.
From what I understand there is no real change on 2012 interior (from 2011) except for the different NAV option and setup.
So the digital fit liner will have the same inherited problem on your sedan.
It won't be a flush fit on the driver side!
Except if you removed the retaining post assembly but doing this can be dangerous. As the liner can slide around freely.

They (weathertech) have replaced their product picture to reflect this "perfect fit" problem on their product page.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I got weather techs on my 2012 sedan sti. They fit great except some of the mat covers a bit of the gas\trunk latch. Doesn't bother me though

·
Registered
58 Posts
I got weather techs on my 2012 sedan sti. They fit great except some of the mat covers a bit of the gas\trunk latch. Doesn't bother me though
The one thing that really bother me is that I'm promised a liner that will fit perfectly. :cool:
This portion specifically,
"The WeatherTech® FloorLiner™DigitalFit®accurately and completely lines the interior carpet giving "absolute interior protection™"! Digital laser measurements of interior surfaces offer a consistently perfect fit!"

·
Registered
3 Posts
How would you compare the Weathertech cargo liner to the OEM Subaru cargo tray? Which do you think is firmer, thicker, or more practical?

Judging from your photos, it seems like the weathertech sidewalls higher than the OEM, and thus trapping in sand, debris and maybe snow.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yup the sidewalls are higher than the OEM tray. I haven't handled the OEM tray so I can't speak to the thickness. The WeatherTech is thin, but still very sturdy.

I do a lot of weekend outdoor activities, skydiving, hiking, skiing... so the higher sidewalls and tighter fit were important for me to trap any garbage I track into the trunk, dirt, snow, mud, etc.

·
Registered
22 Posts
passing along info I got from weathertech, they say the 2012 sedan front liners are in development and expected around 8 weeks, acknowledging that the 2011 sedan liners have not been approved for the 2012.

they still have a 2012 in the pictures on their site though :rolleyes:

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have Weathertech Digifits in my 11 sedan and as many have posted above the fit around the gas door trunk release is crap but not really a problem as far as the fit. The protection from the elements is much better than the OEM winter mats. I will probably leave them in all year not just the winter.

The passenger side is prone to sliding forward because the bottom is fairly smooth and there is not a post that holds that side in place. When it dies slide forward the side gets bent in a bit and eventually starts to deform so that even when in the correct position it does not hug the passenger side door sill.

even with those to "complants" I would buy them again.

·
Registered
58 Posts
passing along info I got from weathertech, they say the 2012 sedan front liners are in development and expected around 8 weeks, acknowledging that the 2011 sedan liners have not been approved for the 2012.

they still have a 2012 in the pictures on their site though :rolleyes:
When you said 2012 sedan are you talking about the new impreza or wrx and sti?
Thx

1 - 20 of 22 Posts