IW STi Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone wanted to get together- check out rides, cocktails- also anyone participating in the HPDE- Ken
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,733 Posts
wats the VIR????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
Hi, Ken. How did the Praxis install go?

A bunch of us are coming down from the tri-state (NASA-NE) area staying at Inn Keeper West in Danville. Among us are NASA staff, Instructors and participants in each level of the HPDE. Might want to post in weekend warriors though since that is where a lot of HPDE conversations should end up.

Fasst - VIR is the Virginia International Raceway on the NC border - NASA is having an HPDE there 2/21-2/22 (2/20 also for instructors' school).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the praxis is working great!- i will be there at hpde 1 and hopefully get a chance to show you- i will post on weekend warriors- ken
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,733 Posts
lucky guys!

thanks for the explanation charged!
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Not going to Vir in Feb, but I will be at the PCA event in CMP (porsche club carolinas / carolina motorsports park) May 1st and 2nd. There are plenty of available spots still, :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
mistkerl said:
Not going to Vir in Feb, but I will be at the PCA event in CMP (porsche club carolinas / carolina motorsports park) May 1st and 2nd. There are plenty of available spots still, :)
PCA up here does not allow non-porche owners to attend events.

-mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
I just signed up for the NASA event tonight (I had thought it was full!)... going to be driving down with a few BMW guys. I'll be coming down from Gaithersburg, MD. Where are you coming from and what run group are you in?
 

·
wie geht es ihnen?
Joined
·
2,218 Posts
kencav said:
Was wondering if anyone wanted to get together- check out rides, cocktails- also anyone participating in the HPDE- Ken
i'd love to do VIR someday. what's preventing me is the commute from North Eastern PA. when i was an S4 owner, many people raved about the quality of the Audi club events there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
Come on we have people coming down from upstate NY! Come hang with us it will be a blast. :)

I know it is a haul. If it was later in the season and I was growing weary of travelling it might be more an issue to me - I could only do this as the first event of the year to get rid of cabin fever. I understand what you are saying, just messing with you.

We better see you at Pocono though!
 

·
wie geht es ihnen?
Joined
·
2,218 Posts
ChargedPerformance said:
We better see you at Pocono though!
yeah, i know the "long drive" is a lame excuse. :wink:

for Spring i'll be at Pocono on the East Course April 22 with PDA and then May 7th at Summit Point for a FATT.

both were tough calls. April 22 is my wedding anniversary, and May 8th is my wife's birthday. needless to say some careful planning on my part is in thw works.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
re



It was great to meet everyone that I did and I am sorry if I missed meeting everyone. It was a great weekend of on track driving and good to shake off some cobwebs and get rid of the cabin fever. What a world class road course and of course no matter the region NASA always puts on a great event.

The number of people from tri-state and other areas was impressive. I saw tags from NJ, NY, PA, TX, FL that I can recall off the top of my head.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
TRM said:
ChargedPerformance said:
We better see you at Pocono though!
yeah, i know the "long drive" is a lame excuse. :wink:

for Spring i'll be at Pocono on the East Course April 22 with PDA and then May 7th at Summit Point for a FATT.

both were tough calls. April 22 is my wedding anniversary, and May 8th is my wife's birthday. needless to say some careful planning on my part is in thw works.
Which run groups are you running in for these events? If you are taking an instructor, I'd ask that you request me Michael Torricelli as your instructor! I'm certified as an instructor for NASA and have contacted both PDA and FATT about instructing at their events. Ed from Charged Performance can vouche as I instructed him for a few sessions at VIR! :)

I should be at both FATT and the Pocono 22-23 events.

-mike
 

·
wie geht es ihnen?
Joined
·
2,218 Posts
Paisan said:
TRM said:
Which run groups are you running in for these events? If you are taking an instructor, I'd ask that you request me Michael Torricelli as your instructor! I'm certified as an instructor for NASA and have contacted both PDA and FATT about instructing at their events. Ed from Charged Performance can vouche as I instructed him for a few sessions at VIR! :)

I should be at both FATT and the Pocono 22-23 events.

-mike
i am planning on the 22nd on East Course at Pocono. i'll probably be in the Blue group...possibly White. depends on how "agressive" i feel that day.

what car will you be bringing Micheal? I'll look for you.

i'll probably have my magnetic plates on so my STi will look somthing like this (wit stock BBS rims though):

 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top