IW STi Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if I'm the only one who wants leather seats. I couldn't seem to find much discussion on it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
downshifting

RadarOnPaws said:
Wouldn't that create a problem with the side impact air bags?
They make the leather seat replacement covers with the same type stiching as the oem seats so the air bags work fine.

I was planing to do this on my Passat. I think it was about $600 in a group buy for a set of leathers.

Check out http://katzkin.com

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
Stikya said:
Just wondering if I'm the only one who wants leather seats. I couldn't seem to find much discussion on it.
I'd say you're in the minority. It doesn't improve the performance, and is detrimental in keeping your butt in place during high-speed cornering.

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
If you're building up an STi (or 04 WRX) up for show, the WRX kit from Katzkin would probably look really nice, done in the right combination of colors. 8)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd say you're in the minority. It doesn't improve the performance, and is detrimental in keeping your butt in place during high-speed cornering.
Yea, I don't forsee a lot of high speed cornering in the future. Don't get me wrong I'm up for the occasional stoplight-to-stoplight challenge. But, it's not like most of us are actually going to be ralley racing out there.

It just looks so much nicer and is much easier to care for w/ leather.

the WRX kit from Katzkin would probably look really nice
I hope you are right about this kit. But, I thought the seats are different in the base WRX and the STI.

Do you have good reason to believe they would fit?

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Stikya said:
Yea, I don't forsee a lot of high speed cornering in the future. Don't get me wrong I'm up for the occasional stoplight-to-stoplight challenge. But, it's not like most of us are actually going to be ralley racing out there.
What? No twisty roads in Kansas City?? :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
Stikya said:
Do you have good reason to believe they would fit?
Gota call them up to see if they have an STi templet. You might be able to get a set of leathers at cost if you let them use your car to make templets.

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Indeed. . . although the shape of our seats appears to be identical to those in all the other MY04 WRX models. :p

I'm sure they've already got something in the way of a pattern.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yukonart said:
the shape of our seats appears to be identical to those in all the other MY04 WRX models
Am I missing something?

If you compare the base 02-04 WRX seats (http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?s=84a90b50a77228b88837ebcb61252a83&threadid=231)

to 04 STI (http://www.subaru.com/servlet/research?track=shopleftnav_pa3&trim=WRX_STI_SEDAN&model=IMPREZA&command=photos) they are very different.

Our seats have the headrest built into the seat, whereas the base WRX have separate headrests.

Aside: I bet no more people than will be interested in putting in leather, they probably won't have a template for us anytime soon.

·
Registered
304 Posts
The group buy is on now on the NASIOC forums. Search for "6th leather interior group buy" or something. Its put on by leatherseats.com, whos suppliers are katzkin. Theyre also selling the seat heater unit.

And they said they do have patterns for the STi seats. If you want leather, its a great deal. Im still not sure if its worth it to switch to leather for me.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
googe said:
The group buy is on now on the NASIOC forums. Search for "6th leather interior group buy" or something. Its put on by leatherseats.com, whos suppliers are katzkin. Theyre also selling the seat heater unit.

And they said they do have patterns for the STi seats. If you want leather, its a great deal. Im still not sure if its worth it to switch to leather for me.
Thanks for the heads-up. I'm all over it like stink on my second cousin Larry Bob.

EDIT:
I talked to the Leaterseats.com guy (Eric) and they made a mistake. They do NOT have STI patterns available. But, Eric will hopefully update the NASIOC forum when they come out. (http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=415708&perpage=20&pagenumber=1)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts