IW STi Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
a gradual taper is the best way to reduce according to what I have read as well as madril bends, they both create less turbulence.

I am interested to hear if anyone has the full exaust and straight muffler set up yet (the loud one). Was there any fitment issues, are the power gains noticeable, and how does it sound (I bet it sounds great like the car has even more balls, not like those guys who strap exhaust on a civic which sounds like a half ass woopie cushion - i hope.)

It is difficult to be patient and wait to see what other guys are comming up with. A quick and easy 20hp at the wheels or more plus great sound just from exhaust sounds real good. I plan to get a Gtech pro and establish some baselines before doing any mods so comparisons can hopefully be drawn (no 4w dyno around here).

Aside: Comming home from work floored it in 4th up a gentle grade and felt like the car was fighting for grip for a second - awesome machine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
stiholic anom. said:
I am interested to hear if anyone has the full exaust and straight muffler set up yet (the loud one). Was there any fitment issues, are the power gains noticeable, and how does it sound (I bet it sounds great like the car has even more balls, not like those guys who strap exhaust on a civic which sounds like a half ass woopie cushion - i hope.)

I have the turbo back TurboXS RFL-TI with one high flow cat. It uses all factory hangers and fits perfect. No CEL codes thrown after 750 miles. It is loud, but puts a lot of HP to the wheels. TXS has a dyno showing 27.8 whp with this unit. I like it for the performance, but I keep low rpm's in my neighborhood.

Down pipe view
http://home.kc.rr.com/cerberus/Downpipe.jpg
Rear view
http://home.kc.rr.com/cerberus/Exhaust.jpg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Did you wrap the downpipe yourself?
Looks kind of flimsy, to be honest. I think I'm just going to go the custom route on this one.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Re: Thanks for the replies

I am using my Godspeed downpipe and stock exhaust. I have also used the Turbo XS setup on the sti. We only use the Turbo XS unit if we need to keep a cat in the car. We showed a 32 whp gain on the Godspeed downpipe and Greddy exhaust. They all perform very well though.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hummer, do you know what the figures are for the down pipe only? and if anyone knows at what rpm the turbo kicks in with the dp installed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts