IW STi Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
wow I had a feeling it was low, didn't realize it was an actual issue :) I've pondered removing and trying to raise mine as well. 6'5" with long torso as well.. I remove it for Autox but really would like to raise it if anyone has a good idea.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I tilt the 'stalk' all the way up and bend the mirror part all the way down. It still sits too low. Glad I'm not alone thinking this is annoying.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My wifes Forrester had that issue. I simply rotated the mirror 180 degrees on its adjustment ball so the mount was at "the bottom" of the mirror and the mirror itself was almost at the roof line. only annoying thing with this is the bright/dim selector switch was out of easy reach for the most part. This will work if there are no wires going to the mirror assembly. I am waiting for my 2009 to get here so I can't directly answer for the STI just yet.
Jeff

·
Registered
580 Posts
I've always hated this, but it was just today that I realized there is a gimbal on each end. If you tilt the arm all the way up and then adjust the mirror it is a world of difference.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Tilting the arm does make a difference but the mirror is still in my line of view when making right turns. I am 6'2" with a long torso, and the seat is at it's lowest position. Making sharp turns I still have to duck a little to see through the turn. Very annoying. My 06 WRX never had this issue.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I have actually considered buying a new windshield so I can have the installer glue the mount higher up. That's how much it bothers me.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I have the homelink rear view mirror and was wondering where the 2 joint things are to raise it, unless those are on the regular rear view.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anyone move their homelink mirror? Just bought a 2011 and the mirror is way too low. Can I just heat it and re-stick? Also wondering if I can attach it toward the top of the windshield since there is like a sunshield as you get toward the top. Any help would be great thanks

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
My home link mirror was set to the lowest point when installed.

The mirror tilts...and the arm of the mirror also tilts/pivots from where it is attached to the windshield mount.

You just need to pivot that arm up and then adjust the tilt of the mirror down.

Not sure if the same goes for the standard mirror.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
My home link mirror was set to the lowest point when installed.

The mirror tilts...and the arm of the mirror also tilts/pivots from where it is attached to the windshield mount.

You just need to pivot that arm up and then adjust the tilt of the mirror down.

Not sure if the same goes for the standard mirror.
I have the homelink and even doing what you suggested the mirror sits too low on the windshield. I am 6'2" and going around sharp fast corners I have to duck my head to see ahead of me because of how low the mirror sits.

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
My homelink mirror was loose and rattling... In the process of tightening it I realized you can easily rotate the whole thing 180° so it sits upside down - the way the joint is offset it ends up raising it an extra inch or so. Looks stupid and it confuses the compass, but it helps visibility.

·
Registered
171 Posts
This has bothered me for a couple years too, so I decided to take it apart and see if I could figure something out. I have the homelink and what I ended up doing wastaking the mounting tab for the mirror and mounted it using the top hole on the base and the bottom hole on the tab. I then drilled a new hole in the base to screw into the top hole of the tab. It ended up moving the tab up 1/2 an inch or so. There is now no gap between the top of the mirror and the dot matrix sunshade. It was easy to do and worth the few minutes it, but I do wish it was even higher. I'm only 5'9 and still feel like I have to look under the mirror making right handers. I wish there was a way to extend the arm. Unfortunately there is a black spot on the windsheild where base is glued to so I don't think removing and regluing it is a worthwild solution, it would probably work but you see the back side of the mounting braket through the glass and have that black spot too.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts