IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was working on my car under my bumper and left the pushpins on the bottom out when I drove a short trip. I heard some scraping and it turns out the left side mudguard broke off.

I have some idea what caused this. The crew holding my washerfluid fell out (seems like a common issue) and was pressing against my mud guard. It already caused it to rip a bit near the screws and popped it out along the edges. Not having the pushpins in must have made it dangle and it probably scraped off the end.

I think this is the part I'm looking for
MUDGUARD. FRONT.. For 2016 Subaru STI 2.5L TURBO 6MT STI | Subaru Parts Online

When I first inspected the part, the front end looked like it could be easily replaced since it was just held with 2 pins to the back end. But the part is only sold as a whole and seems to need to be replaced along the whole fender. If thats the case, I'm probably just going to go to a body shop.

This is also a PSA to check your washer fluid reservoir. You can tell if you are missing the screws if the top of the fill part is not aligned with the tube.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
You dont need a body shop to replace this fender liner, just remove the tire/wheel and remove all the screws, push pins in the diagram all the way to the front part side skirt area it should pop out and place the new one in.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You dont need a body shop to replace this fender liner, just remove the tire/wheel and remove all the screws, push pins in the diagram all the way to the front part side skirt area it should pop out and place the new one in.
Yeah, I slept on it, took a look in my wheel well and some diagrams and it seems simple enough. Put in an order and will try to put it in.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Photo didn't upload, but it was this one

Its a stupid pin with a cross on the top that is for phillips screwdrivers? I don't even know how it detaches. My friend came by with a plier and we cut it off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts