IW STi Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my car a little more than 2 weeks, and I've just recently noticed that the trunk release from inside the car does not pop the trunk. I can open it if I use the master key, but I can pull on the release switch all day and nothing happens. I plan to call the dealer soon, but I figured I'd ask if you guys have heard of any similar problems.

·
Registered
27 Posts
?

The trunks on almost all STi's are very tight. Search around on NASIOC, someone had some steps to follow to make it easier to pop.

jason

·
Registered
411 Posts
Mine was the same way when I first got the car, never did anything to it though. Now that I had the car for awhile, the trunk doesn't stick anymore. Maybe the trunk latch needs to broken in as well.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
well....what did you do? we give you all this advice and you give us nothing in return. :) did you visit the dealer?

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I was looking for "ah, yes, my valet mode switch was flipped. After flipping it back the problem disappeared."

But I suppose since that was the only diagram in this forum so far, we can gather that, now, hehe.

:)

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
bitabur said:
...since that was the only diagram in this forum so far, we can gather that, now, hehe.
well, it was the only diagram, but there were at least two other solutions offered. just curious which one worked. ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yea my trunk lid was "misaligned" I loosened the two bolts, and just trial/erred until things were perfect.. the two bolts on the trunk (not on the lid) were 12mm...

I think I ended up moving the latch thing up maybe 1/16 of a inch from it's position... and things were perfect...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts