IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading numerous posts on winter wheel/tire combinations, I am surprised that no one appears to have gotten the OEM JDM rims. In Canada, Subaru made a bunch of sets available and I think they got snapped up quickly. Although they are expensive for a cast wheel, there will obviously not be any offset or clearance issues. They are also decent quality (made by Asahi Tec in Japan) and weight (17.5 pounds). Besides, they give the car that sometimes-coveted JDM look. Anybody elso out there who thought they were worth getting?

Also, just my opinion but, given what we paid for this great set of wheels called the STi and the length of time each year that it will wear winter tires, why skimp on the cost of something as visible and functionally important as a set of wheels?

M

·
0 Posts
I've been desperately trying to find a set, had a line on 2 different sets, and both snatched from underneath me, :)

mist

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
18' rims?

mist, you should try our contact in japan. his name is nakahara ([email protected]). good guy. he sourced us the sidemarkers. i'm certain he could get you a set. i'm hot for the 5spoke "sti" rays and he can get those so i'm sure he can get the split 5spoke wheels.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Re: 1st set of GC-05's are ordered 4-6 weeks!!

Those aren't the JDM wheels - the JDM wheels are these:

Someone at UW has these on a bugeye impreza... not sure if its an imported sti or a done-up wrx, but it's got the bing wing too. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts