IW STi Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I've got my eye on a few right now...but I'm waiting till the aftermarket really gets into it.

I made the mistake of buying the first kit availabe for the Celica and while I love it, much cooler kits came out shortly there after.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
xdeathlessonesxx said:
is anyone doing body kits, if so tell what one and show pics!
body kit on an sti is kind of a funny concept. as my wife would say, "the car is already pretty outrageous." shrug. i am curious though.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
There will be crazy kits for any car, but I think the best looking ones will be the front lip/rear valence combos. I'm not quite sure what to think of the side skirts now....they look great, but they are really too high and don't do much to match up with any lips or valences.

·
Registered
163 Posts
stil gc8?? We havent been GC8 since 01? right, the WRX's were GDB and I think we are something like GDBC

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
I don't even have the car yet, and I'm already eyeing Charge Speed's V1 sideskirts and V2 front and rear bumpers. :D

Kinda spendy, but WOW! That's just the look I want. Of course, this is AFTER I do some performance mods, first. Function before styling, right? lol

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
I think some of those kits will kill the practicality of the STi by making the front so low. A good dumping of snow here in Chicago and I would be plowing the streets. I also would not even want to attempt to drive a car that low when I am up in Michigan for xmas. Not to mention parking something so low with all the high curbs and stuff. I can't say I really care for any that I have seen so far and some of those side skirts are real ugly.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yukonart - - - im with you on the charge speed V1 kit that is so dope. its so nice too...im here in socali so i dont worry about snow unless i go to bigbear or somin to snowboard :)

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Totally understandable, MKIV. Up here in western WA we actually get very little snow. What we do get usually melts quite quickly. . . more or less the AWD will be utilized in wet weather and in more recreational means, for me. :D

At any rate, I'll have to see what kind of clearance some of these kits are yielding before I dive into a purchase. But you're right, in some cases it will severely kill the practicality of the car. In my case, if I want to just get through the thicker snow, I'll wait to venture out into that until I get a decent 4WD truck or SUV. :p

T

·
0 Posts
I totally agree MKIV, I know kits make the car look nicer but up here in Canada it would render the car useless. Also I don't know about the rest of you guys, but in the near future (1-2 years) I intend to race this puppy in actual rally races. Can you spell paint job. hehe

·
Registered
983 Posts
If u do get, get the right kit, I'd bet 90% of the kits out there are just for the look, it eventually hurts the aerodynamics. When I had a kit for my integra gsr from wings west, i noticed a huge difference when driving on the highway, which means alot slower. Pick up the right kit. Actually I think the stock one already looks fine to me. I'm leaving the exterior alone but I may dress up the interior later (No ricey stickers, stuff animals, pillow, etc, that's GaYY).

·
Registered
3 Posts
will the charge speed kit be available in the USA?? cause ive never heard of that brand before. hope it does come, cause i really love that kit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts