IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my STi, but have some questions.

With the all wheel drive and reports of the STI capable of laying 4 patches on concrete...wondered if anyone as attempted such a feat?

I probably won't ever try, but it would be neat to see!

:)

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
my old STi would lay rubber from all fours when it was stock, 1999 model type R Version 5

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
eatV8 said:
my old STi would lay rubber from all fours when it was stock, 1999 model type R Version 5
Did you have it imported or did you move to the states?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Would it be possible to hold the brakes, do a burnout on the front or back tires, then turn the DCCD knob and do a burnout on the opposite set?

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
i moved to the states in february, come from australia. there was 400 officially sold through subaru dealerships in 1999 at AU$62,000 around US$36,000.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
BHODGES3 said:
Would it be possible to hold the brakes, do a burnout on the front or back tires, then turn the DCCD knob and do a burnout on the opposite set?
i would find that unlikely. i know of an aftermarket dccd control that lets your put 100% to rear that would allow you to smoke the rears, but i never seen a system do 100% to the front.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Last car I ever saw a photo of doing this was a 959...very cool. $100,000 car back in 1980's too.

·
Registered
99 Posts
TimM said:
Last car I ever saw a photo of doing this was a 959...very cool. $100,000 car back in 1980's too.

I think I remember a vid posted here of a Skyline smoking all four in 3 or 4 gears 8)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts