IW STi Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to go to Japan sometime this year to shop for car parts. I need some 17x9.5 CE28's in 47mm offset, a DCCD-less JDM STI tranny, Spec C gas tank, and the lightweight Spec-C glass. I figure I can round up these items and ship them back before I leave, and the amount I save by not having to go through a middle man would pay for my airfare.

I'm thinking of going for 10-14 days sometime in the fall (or maybe sooner)would like to share hotel costs for the trip... and the cost of a rental car while there.

If you've been before, that's a bonus. It would help if one of us semi knew his way around .

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
I want to go to Japan sometime this year to shop for car parts. I need some 17x9.5 CE28's in 47mm offset, a DCCD-less JDM STI tranny, Spec C gas tank, and the lightweight Spec-C glass. I figure I can round up these items and ship them back before I leave, and the amount I save by not having to go through a middle man would pay for my airfare.

I'm thinking of going for 10-14 days sometime in the fall (or maybe sooner)would like to share hotel costs for the trip... and the cost of a rental car while there.

If you've been before, that's a bonus. It would help if one of us semi knew his way around .
do you speak japanese?

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
i'll come along if cost is not out of my budget! seriously its been awhile since ive been there. And to be honest with you, a car isnt needed.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'll come along if cost is not out of my budget! seriously its been awhile since ive been there. And to be honest with you, a car isnt needed.
Well PM me with your contact info and we'll keep in touch until the time is right. If you're on facebook even better.

·
Registered
600 Posts

How about departing next Saturday (5/31) and returning on 6/09????

Actually, I am traveling to Japan next week for work. I will be busy during the work week but have the full weekend (6/07 & 6/08) free. I don't need any more car parts (besides if I brought any parts back... I would need to bring a new wife too...ha ha)

FYI.. I am staying in Kariya City

·
Authorized Vendor
2,886 Posts
I'd be down, provided I could fit that in my schedule. We could convince my brother to go as well who has been 3x times and speaks a good bit of the language ;)

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How about departing next Saturday (5/31) and returning on 6/09????

Actually, I am traveling to Japan next week for work. I will be busy during the work week but have the full weekend (6/07 & 6/08) free. I don't need any more car parts (besides if I brought any parts back... I would need to bring a new wife too...ha ha)

FYI.. I am staying in Kariya City
haha... I'm leaving for Toronto and Montreal on May 30th and coming back June 9th hahaha... almost the exact time u'll be in Japan! So that would be a no :lol:

but perhaps another time :).

·
Registered
232 Posts
I live in Akasaka, Tokyo. Hit me up if your going to Tokyo. I'll Point you in the right direction. Do yourself a favor and learn some Japanese.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts