Just wondering,,I've got one on order .

Like it?
Install?

Thanks
Rudy

·
Registered
208 Posts
how much shorter are the throws? I thought it was pretty short already.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The throws are supposed to be 10% shorter,,I know not alot.But the bushings are harder so it takes alot of the side to side slop out.
part #C1010FE000 available at dealers and vendors,,retail $395, but can be had fr less.

Rudy

·
Registered
208 Posts
yikes !

·
Registered
271 Posts
Anyone have pics of JDM foglight install?

I installed it along with a Kartboy prototype bushing and STI Grp-N Transmission Mount. Wow!!! What a difference. It is shorter, not super shorter, but still shorter. I posted some things elsewhere about it. I can recap:

The main difference is in how strong the shifter feels. The gates feel narrower and the shifter itself feels more rigid and ready to take some real shifting power. It reminds of the ripper shifter produced by B&M for the Mustang. You can really pull hard on the STI short shifter without the feeling that it might bend. Whenever I drove the car with the regular shifter, I always felt as if it was going to bend or something. With the short shifter, I have no such worries any more.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Nice post. Thanks fellas cuz I was also checking out the STi short shifter. It is also listed on spt.subaru.com.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Rudy,
You're gonna let me take your car for a spin so I can try the shifter out.....right? :lol:

·
Registered
586 Posts
FS: 04 STi BBS wheels with tires or without

MY_SUV said:
side to side slop? On the STi? Wow, guess my '70 ford with the 3 on the tree has made my perception distorted. 8)
:eek: Holy cow, I know what you mean. I was fortunate/unfortunate to spend the good part of a summer during HS driving my gramps '68 Ranger, 360ci, 3 on the tree. :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
Rudy,
I can give you a hand installing it. I installed a short shifter in my Supra....which was very easy btw. This short shifter looks a little more complicated judging by the pics.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Scott,yea i hear ya,I installed a TRD short shifter in my sons 95 Celica GT,piece of cake.
Good source told me on the STi,a lift is mighty handy.We shall see.

Rudy

·
Registered
399 Posts
From the picture It doens't look that complicated. maybe 3 bolts and some scews. As long as you can figure out how to take out the plastic in the center consolt it should be a piece of cake, but thats just from looking at it in the picture. I have one coming in this week, If i get it installed before I will gladly let you know how I did it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
WRX STi vs. Lancer Evolution VIII

fledis said:
Rudy,
I can give you a hand installing it. I installed a short shifter in my Supra....which was very easy btw. This short shifter looks a little more complicated judging by the pics.
its the whole linkage

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
STIml8n said:
From the picture It doens't look that complicated. maybe 3 bolts and some scews. As long as you can figure out how to take out the plastic in the center consolt it should be a piece of cake, but thats just from looking at it in the picture. I have one coming in this week, If i get it installed before I will gladly let you know how I did it.
Thanks ,please do,
Like i said,,just one guy said it was hard.The console is cake ive had that out before.He mentioned something about the underside and bracing.
Please keep us posted as im dying to put this in,,,the damn weather aint helping either :roll:

Rudy

·
Registered
399 Posts
My parts guy told me that you need to get under the car where the shifter comes down. Thats why some people have been saying that we need a lift. I'm going to be doing the install, but my friend has a lift so I will have a huge advantage over people that don't have one. I will hopefully have my digi cam working by the time i get the part so I can do a full write up. I'll keep everyone posted thoguh, I should be getting the shifter this week so...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts