IW STi Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching on NASIOC, but it looks like neither SAMCO nor PERRIN are selling these yet for the STi... I wonder why is taking them so long!! I would really like a set of these, they made a big difference on fuel economy on my WRX... :)

-d

·
Registered
219 Posts
The STi comes with silicon hoses and aluminum elbows that negate the need to spend money on the Samco's. I went with a monster top mount on my STi and am still using the stock hoses ;)

Mario

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
check out nasioc.com's vendor boards... there are TONS

Robert~

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
hey in2deep

how do you like the monster. did it fit without lift bracing the hood and do you get more hp's how much and what site please im interested in that one

sman thanks

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Got it: NO wait, $1400 off MSRP-weird deal!

Thanks for the info guys. I thought the STi had the same plastic hoses as the regular WRX (it's been too cold to go out and check it).
Would an inlet pipe for a WRX fit the STi?

Thanks
-d

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
get the perrin inlet hose... otherwise you will be removing the intake manifold - does NOT look like fun -.

Robert~

·
Registered
219 Posts
SUBINAM1110 said:
hey in2deep

how do you like the monster. did it fit without lift bracing the hood and do you get more hp's how much and what site please im interested in that one

sman thanks
www.ESXmotorsports.com It's the largest most effiecient top mount at 1000 cfm of flow and all that without the pressure drop of a front mount.

As for a pic:

Mario

·
Registered
493 Posts
I have opened TMIC for numerous of times and still hate that biatch.

I can't imagine installing this bad boy :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
staticx313 said:
get the perrin inlet hose... otherwise you will be removing the intake manifold - does NOT look like fun -.

Robert~

I have SAMCO inlet.
You don't need to remove IM.
But you dooooo neeeed to take a deeeep breath and swear the whole weekend installing it :)

And if you are a smoker like me , prepare several pack to ease your stress HAHAHAHA...

Good luck...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts