IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ken Reich said:
Any Sti Owners in Edmonton?????
Does "about to be" an STi owner count? My white/silver Manson-family sedan was off the boat in Vancouver 7 days ago. Ole at Subaru City said it would arrive here in 8-10 days, so it could be here as early as tomorrow. Ole says mine will be the only white one in Edmonton...for now. In preparation, I have hired a team of old ladies to break the car in whilst I sleep and work. Still waiting for the green-light for the financing. Once that happens, then I shall really believe it is happening. When I have the car in my grasp, then it will be time for me to sell my 1954 Studebaker Commander with 394 Olds racing engine. Sigh. I am sure that having the Sube will take the sting out of having to sell my old friend the Stude (which needs an owner who is mechanically inclined; a.k.a. NOT ME!). :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Okay, I got my white/silver shark on September 2nd. I am now a bona fide Edmonton Sti owner! All I can say is: "Wow. Great trunk-space!..."
-Graham

·
Registered
14 Posts
HammerOfHope:
Hi, congrats on your new white STi. I am waiting for the MY 2005 to place an order and I plan on getting the white/silver combo that you have. I think the white accentuates the lines of the STi best, although, all the colors look excellent on the car. My question is how long was your wait for the white to be available. I spoke to Scotty at Subaru City and he said it is the most difficult color to get in Canada.

Thanx in advance and enjoy your new car.

Cheers,

RASpecC

·
Registered
5 Posts
RASpecC said:
HammerOfHope:
Hi, congrats on your new white STi. I am waiting for the MY 2005 to place an order and I plan on getting the white/silver combo that you have. I think the white accentuates the lines of the STi best, although, all the colors look excellent on the car. My question is how long was your wait for the white to be available. I spoke to Scotty at Subaru City and he said it is the most difficult color to get in Canada.

Thanx in advance and enjoy your new car.

Cheers,

RASpecC
I put my deposit down on March 11 and took possession of the car on Sept 02. I am headed out to Victoria today to get rid of the pesky break-in km.s and to show the car to my father. -Graham

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi

I have a blue/gold in Sherwood Park. Actually have 7000km on it. Bought it at Subaru City in August. I have never actually noticed this area of the forum before.

Ken, I saw from another thread that you have done quite a few mods....did you do these yourself?

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Blue/gold with the european front plate. 1 month old and 1000km, let the bag drivin' begin :eek:

·
Registered
45 Posts
tcam33 said:
Blue/gold with the european front plate. 1 month old and 1000km, let the bag drivin' begin :eek:
New to the STI thing, ordered a BWG maybe in a week. Crashed my 240sx (winter tires were a little to skinned)8) Dealer pretty tight on the $ so either I wanted it or not. Looked at the base WRX but WTF only another 10-12G's seems to get you a different breed of car.

Seems to be a lot of the blue's in this town from the posts I have been looking through.;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
picked up my 05 crystal grey STi from Subaru City end of August. Drove a VW Jetta VR6 before. All wheel drive and power =so much fun to drive. Haven't seen any crystal grey's yet. I think there will be more driving around in 05. (I haven't seen a lot of STi's period)

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
05edm said:
Looked at the base WRX but WTF only another 10-12G's seems to get you a different breed of car
I was doin' the same thing ...WRX or STI. A good friend has a WRX I've driven it alot and it's not even close to the STI. Totally different experience. Personally I would have regretted the WRX purchase knowing that I could have had the real thing. 8)

·
Registered
11 Posts
How did the Edmonton dealers treat you guys? If you don't mind my asking do you feel you got an ok deal on your car? Were you able to take the car for a test drive before placing a down payment?

I think the STi's are really nice cars and I can see myself in one. If I'm polite, not afraid to walk and persistant can I expect to get one for less than MSRP (which is total BS compared to the US price)? I will be putting at least a third down, financing with a local bank and will be buying in September - December of 2005.

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
Carview.jp: STi vs EVO - STi wins

Goblin, I deal with Rally Subaru. You probably won't get a test drive in the winter as to the summer tires. In the spring you'd have a much better chance. As long as they know you are seriously looking to buy. I've bought 2 cars from Rally, they currently service my STi for me and the service dept is great, they've installed some Perrin stuff for me. You don't find that at many dealers. Both dealers in Edmonton are owned by the same family so they won't cut each others prices. Get some pricing from Red Deer and Calgary. There are people that have bought US cars and brought them up and saved a ton of cash(and got HIDs). Even if you don't but your STi from Rally, get them to do the maintenance/warranty work.

I wasn't able to test drive mine as I put in my order for an STi back in '01 when I bought my '02 WRX. I got the first blue one in town and it still makes me smile everyday. :D

Jeff

·
Registered
45 Posts
If I'm polite, not afraid to walk and persistant can I expect to get one for less than MSRP (which is total BS compared to the US price)?
LOL good luck. :roll:
BTW the canuck version has great heated seats something you may want to consider in this country. Ya the US version may be cheaper, I dont get the big deal on the HID's everyone wants, personally I find the canuck factory setup more than adequate.

She eats gas, :wink: You'll see me around in a blue, gold shark hopefully at a few meets.
No they dont have them to test drive, i bought mine blindly, I wanted a 365 day car not a garage toy like my friends have.

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: bah14 is a postwhore

:eek:
BTW the canuck version has great heated seats something you may want to consider
Like last week at -52C, heated seats are mandatory in my books. The HIDs are nice, but not required. And I'll see you at the gas station. My STi doesn't sip gasoline gently, it pounds it back at a pretty good rate. :wink: I didn't buy it for it's fuel comsumption ratings, I bought it cause it goes like stink and going like stink cost money. Great all weather car.

Jeff

·
Registered
11 Posts
05edm said:
If I'm polite, not afraid to walk and persistant can I expect to get one for less than MSRP (which is total BS compared to the US price)?
LOL good luck. :roll:
So you're saying I have a better chance if I'm a jerk? ;)

I think negotiation is an art. Not had any experiance but I'm looking to learn.

Thanks for the replies guys.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I expected gas consumption, to a point. Its only 260WHP, :wink: I think Subie could have provided some computer options, economy setting and say eat my exhaust. 8)

Negotiate all you want, Subie only brings so many to Canada, and they are not having too much of a problem selling them at MSRP. :(

1 - 20 of 30 Posts