IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching and haven't found any... I know there's gotta be someone out there that did it.. Wanted to see what it looked like.

I'm more than likely going to keep the factory spoiler on my car, but I'm curious how one would look with the WRX spoiler.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
ya and im sure there are blue WRXs out there that will even PAY you to do the swap, you could even pick up some cash on this deal ;)

Robert~

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tempting, to say the least... but for now I'm keeping my stock spoiler. It's starting to grow on me.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Dang, I want to go the no spoiler route if I am lucky enough to get an STi. But that silver STi with WRX spoiler looks great.

·
Registered
24 Posts
DrEvyl said:
Tempting, to say the least... but for now I'm keeping my stock spoiler. It's starting to grow on me.
Oh my goodness, it's GROWING on you? If it wasn't big enough already! What are ya feeding that thing?

(joking, just joking. Not enough horrible puns 'round these parts, ha ha)

·
Registered
195 Posts
i always thought the STi looked beefier than the WRX, and when i looked in the brosure (spelling?) for the imprezas, the numbers were different for the dimensions? i dunno... Im probably going to get a WRX anyways, i gotta have SOME money for food! :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was thinking about putting my white '02 WRX trunk on my white STI but am starting to like the STI wing... I know it's HUGE!!!! But at least it's functional. Would have been soooo easy...

·
Registered
33 Posts
I did the trunk lid swap two weeks ago, and let me tell ya, it's sweet. Now I actually can tell if that crown vic. behind me is a cop car or not. The wrx spoiler still generates down force, and to me it's much cleaner looking, it also make your car a sleeper. P.S. You will save about 15 lbs. from the swap. I say go for it. If you're wondering how it looks, just look at any 04 wrx with the wing, there's not a big difference. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Were you able to install the wrx spoiler with the existing holes in the trunk, or did you have to drill new ones?

·
Registered
33 Posts
To answer both qustions, you don't have to drill new holds, all you need is a 12 mm socket, and 3 min. There's only 4 bolts, 2 on each trunk support arms. Unless the owner of that WRX ask you for money for the exchange, it shouldn't cost you anything. Ask your dealership, they might do a even swap on it. P.S. You do however have to swap out the trunk key units, that might take a few min. It took me 13 min. and I've never done it before.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
zimm said:
There's a couple of pictures on my webpage: http://zimm17.com/
post a pic with the holes plugged. I took my spoiler off the other day only to find 17 holes. :eek:

I really don't want to trade or buy a new trunk lid as I may want to put the spoiler back on at some point.

Thanks

·
Registered
694 Posts
I have a follow-up question:

Any pictures of an STi with no wing at all? I'm thinking about putting a bare trunk lid on w/no holes (i.e. 2.5RS trunk), but I'd like to see what it looks like from a few different angles first. I think it would be nice and low-key. I don't plan on taking any 100+ mph turns any time soon, (I've gotten that out of my system for now), so downforce won't be an issue.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
TreyS said:
I really don't want to trade or buy a new trunk lid as I may want to put the spoiler back on at some point.
If I were going to go wingless, I would bite the bullet and get a whole new trunk and keep the old one somewhere safe and sound. That way it could be restored to original look easily.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts