IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any pictures of an Aspen White STi with the "clear-out" headlight mod. I have seen load of pics w/ silver, black, and blue just not many of white. Any pictures would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the pics. It looks great. So once the headlights were appart you painted the inside casing black?
Do you think it would look good if it was not painted black on the inside, if it was just cleared out? It looks good on all the other colors, I just dont know if it would look nice on white.
Does anybody have a picture of an Aspen JUST cleared out (w/o the black inside)?

Thanks a lot,
Alex

·
Registered
45 Posts
Rac10000 said:
Thanks for the pics. It looks great. So once the headlights were appart you painted the inside casing black?
Do you think it would look good if it was not painted black on the inside, if it was just cleared out? It looks good on all the other colors, I just dont know if it would look nice on white.
Does anybody have a picture of an Aspen JUST cleared out (w/o the black inside)?

Thanks a lot,
Alex
I didn't paint anything. The colors of the headlights are just as they were stock. All I did was remove the orange reflective material in the lights. I do have some more pics in better light, I'll try to post them for you.
Whitney

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I removed the amber reflectors and added the amber bulbs. Looks nice and is still legal.

edit:better pic

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TreyS, all I see is a red "X". If it would not be too much trouble, would you please e-mail me that picture? My e-mail is [email protected]

Thanks a lot,
Alex

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
STi-Mulation, great pics. You have just convinced me 100% to do the headlight mod. BTW, did u do it yourself?

Thanks,
Alex

·
Registered
24 Posts
Rac10000 said:
STi-Mulation, great pics. You have just convinced me 100% to do the headlight mod. BTW, did u do it yourself?

Thanks,
Alex
Yup, did everything myself, all removal, re-wiring, disabling DRl etc.....

Do note that I did not "cook" my headlamps, I bought the real JDM HIDs which are without the orange garbage on the USDMs...

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I got mine from the dealer as no parts store sells them in Amber, only clear. It's a T20/ 7440. They are listed for the rear taillights.

·
Registered
24 Posts
6 cd install

choonzAWR said:
so the JDM HID's are the whole headlight itself? and are the highbeams white as well? or still yellow?
Yup, they come as a whole housing with absolutely no orange....

Highbeams are stock slyvanias(sp?) yellow 3200k rubbish, so I had to upgrade to silverstars 4000K+.

However, I am still not satisfied with the silverstars (not much improvement), Soon I will be upgrading to Polargs (4300k) from japan.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts