IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where to get chargespeed bodykit

has anyone installed a dvd/nav system in their sti, if so, post pictures, and will it fit so i can place it in the bottom bin, and have the screen flip up to cover the area there, so that i don't have to remove that cover, and the screen will not block the vents. I'm going to install a hks camp system in it, anyone done that yet?, Pics?

thanks for ur input :D

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,520 Posts
Re: MY 2005 STi production dates

Well, I have seen a Pioneer setup in an STi at Carter Subaru in Seattle. . . was installed in the bottom DIN (the screen that is) and it still partially blocks the vents, although nowhere near as much. You'll still lose functionality of the cupholder while it's open, too. But if you keep it at the bottom, you will minimize these issues. . . although you'll have to close the screen if you need to change the NAV disc on the fly. (Should be quite a rare event, though) :D

·
Registered
304 Posts
I was planning to get that pioneer system installed. I dont suppose anyone knows if it supports mp3 on burned DVDs? I know it does cd-r mp3, but I havent been able to find whether or not it can play them burned to a DVD as well.

·
Registered
424 Posts
hmm.. i forgot which seller site i read it on but it couldn't play DVD movies.. just DVD-navmaps ... or maybe i read it wrong =/ it looks hot though... only 1800!

·
Registered
24 Posts
sti-rule said:
has anyone installed a dvd/nav system in their sti, if so, post pictures, and will it fit so i can place it in the bottom bin, and have the screen flip up to cover the area there, so that i don't have to remove that cover, and the screen will not block the vents. I'm going to install a hks camp system in it, anyone done that yet?, Pics?

thanks for ur input :D
I have the Pioneer P7500DVD in my STi.

Crappy picture, but what can you expect with a camera phone?

·
Registered
24 Posts
choonzAWR said:
hmm.. i forgot which seller site i read it on but it couldn't play DVD movies.. just DVD-navmaps ... or maybe i read it wrong =/ it looks hot though... only 1800!
The current Pioneer NAV unit (AVIC-80DVD) will NOT play DVD movies. The older version, AVIC-90DVD, will. Seems odd that the new model has less features, but it did allow them to lower the price. And since most people probably have/want a separate unit to play DVDs with (so they do not need to swap out the DVD map disc), it is not that big of a deal.

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,520 Posts
Bear in mind, however, that the DVD head units are much more feature-laiden than their predecessors, which kind of negates the need for the NAV units to retain DVD playback functionality. Besides, without a proper control unit, DVD movie playback would be pretty limited, anyway.

The current-gen Pioneer DVD head units I do not believe will play MP3s via DVD-ROM. You could always take a DVD with MP3s on it to your local car stereo shop and give it a try, though. :D

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
so, you listen to one mp3 cd per day... maybe 2.

You have to change disks once a day, I don't think you've got a problem....

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would be nice to be able to burn MP3s onto a DVD. I like having a huge variety to listen to, without having to swap out discs. That is why even though the P7500DVD supports MP3s on CDs, I still use my iPod to listen to music.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Yeah. Im used to my hard drive based mp3 player. I have literally every song I own at the touch of a finger, I often just hit random and play. Its like a good radio station...but its all my favorite songs and I wont hear the same song again for weeks. Plus if you want to mix certain songs off certain albums, you dont need to burn a disc for every combination. Having had that convenience, Id never go back :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Is it a pain in the ass to look down to watch movies? I am thinking of putting my Pioneer AVIC-n1 ontop of the dash. Any downsides?

Bryan

·
Registered
146 Posts
First it is illegal to have movies in the front seat of car. If it is on your dash then it will be in plain view for the cops. I never watch movies but use it for NAV. When I have passengers and we go somewhere I usually pop in a DVD but I never watch (it is hard not to peak down once in a while though)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Wireless Q: Belkin Router and Cisco PCMIA Card - ?? SSID ???

Pioneer AVIC-N1

Attachments

1 - 20 of 49 Posts