IW STi Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did do a search on STi car covers. Most seem to be using covers that'll fit okay. I'm wondering, has anyone purchased a car cover that is custom-made for our STi? I want to buy one but I've only found one site that offers the 2004 STi as a selection:
http://www.caraccessories.com/coverselect.asp

If you have purchased a car cover, please let me know the site, as well as your thoughts on quality, fit, and finish of the car cover.

Thanks in advance,
TerraJumper :D

·
Registered
125 Posts
bumper alignment

bought mine at autoanything.com. Its made by covercraft and I chose the evolution material. The quality is ok and the fit is spot on, but one thing that bugs me is that the wing doesn't have its own pocket like the side mirrors do. Basically the rear drapes from the rear roof to the wing, so that it looks like a aztec or a giant crx is under the cover.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Re: STi as a daily driver? Handles in snow?

wewu said:
bought mine at autoanything.com. Its made by covercraft and I chose the evolution material. The quality is ok and the fit is spot on, but one thing that bugs me is that the wing doesn't have its own pocket like the side mirrors do. Basically the rear drapes from the rear roof to the wing, so that it looks like a aztec or a giant crx is under the cover.
Aztecs ROCK. I don't care what anyone says.

[................../.] sarcasm

-st

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
You might try looking for evo covers..... I don't have the specs memorized but I'd bet that it's close enough that a tailored evo cover will fit your STi like a glove.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yeah at least if people think theres an aztec under the cover, they won't try to steal it :)

Btw, the cover for the evo will work for the Sti but it will be too big. I tried my cover on a friends evo and it was way too small. The evo is longer and I think wider than the Sti. Its funny tho, with that roof mounted antenna it looks like the evo had a stiffy :p

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Helix downpipe

I bought one from California car covers (www.calcarcover.com). Excellent cover, fits like a glove, easy on and easy off. Good water resistance - water beads up and runs right off. Hopefully I'll get it in the garage for the winter...

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Here is a car cover that has an STi specific model. This is a nice one made by Ultraguard. As you can see, they have it available exclusively for the STi already.

Here is the link:
http://autoanything.com/carcover/product.asp?SessionID=700257992ZTPCKBIDREI&prID=168

The link I posted should take your straight to the STi car cover. If you look over to the right in the selection box it should say "Fits the STi Sedan Equipped with a High Spoiler" for $249.95. If the link didn't take you there, make sure you click:

1. "Car Covers" (to the left on the AutoAnything.com homepage)
2. "Ultraguard™ Custom Car Cover "
3. choose "2004, Subaru, WRX" on the drop down menu and click "GO"

It should take you straight to the STi car cover. However, if you chose "2004, Subaru, Impreza" it will NOT take you to the STi version.

-STiLL

·
Registered
88 Posts
I never had a car that I felt needed a car cover, the STi is a first. Are these car covers really worth shelling $200+ for one?

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
wewu said:
...so that it looks like a aztec or a giant crx is under the cover.
:lol: so? You're not driving around with the cover on it are you??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts