IW STi Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
APS BOV question....

Does anyone know anyone who will install stuff for our STi's, who actually know what they are doing? Because I am looking into a Turboback Exhaust system and a blow-off valve and some other stuff, and I can't trust anyone. I need somewhere in the East Bay of NorCal if possible! Thanks!

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Haven't got my STi yet, but I know 2 main installers in the East Bay that do alot of imports:

1. http://www.modacar.com in Pleasanton, although I don't know if they've done any work on STi.

2. TwinCam Motorsports, they did my Integra and did a great job. A bit pricey on labor, but do a good job.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought all my stuff for my integra from Modacar, but I have heard horrible things about their installs. And if you didn't know yet, they have moved to Livermore. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Try Auto Innovations in Milpitas. They gave me great service. Those guys typically install springs/exhausts on Mercedes or BMWs. Also, one of those guys owns a WRX.

I bought a set of rims from Modacar and when they installed them on my car, they weren't particularly careful.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I had stuff installed at Red Star racing (Gino and Mike off MPJ performance used to hang out there not sure now days). they knew their stuff and they charged reasonably. I also had stuff installed at I-Speed. Bill and company are kool folks. Also reasonably priced.

Cheers

Nick

·
Registered
3 Posts
Are there not enough enthusiasts to have wrench days or to help out?

Seriously a turbo back should not require anything special, some ramps, and stands, a few open ends/sockets a couple of hours and a few pepsi's.

Sorry I'm new here but have been an avid Car enthusiasts since before I can remember. There are a few Vfaq's for the second gen DSM's created in my garage. I don't own an STI yet but have never seen an exhaust be that tough!

Why not buy some locals some pizza/bear/coke and roll up your sleaves and learn something.

Again, understand that if A) your time is more valuable B) you absolutely hate getting dirty C) life ends if you break a nail or skin (doctor etc).. But it's really theraputic for me to go into the garage and tear something up!

-Tory
aka
Milpitas2.7t
2001 Cactus S4 6spd (Looking to sell)
2002 Atlas allroad 6spd (Looking to sell)

2002/3 Audi S6 (looking to acquire)
2003/4 Subaru STI / Lancer EVO (looking to acquire)

Former DSM owner,
one of the first 95 GSX's on the road (or built) Everett green sold in 98
Since then
74 911 track/street
85 ITB golf all track
99 Durango (w00t)

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Don't know much about them, but it seems like they specialize in 350Z, Evo and STi.

Their website looks very professional. That usually tells alot about a tuner.

Anyone got any info?

http://www.gruppe-s.com/index.htm

·
Registered
1 Posts
I now ppl from Gruppe-S and they do good work. They specialize in Subaru's, Nissan's, and Audi's

Look them up on yahoo, they are locaated in fremont.

·
Registered
29 Posts
sweet

just want to drop a note to say wassup to the proud STi owners in the East Bay. I got mine 2 weeks ago and planning to put in a turbo boost controller, a turbo timer, alarm (don't trust the stock alarm at all), and a radio. might need your advise on finding the place to install the boost controller and timer later...

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
CMX, where ya at?

I was in Walnut Creek today, saw a black STi in the parking lot at Target, wonder who it was. (I don't know alot of people from the board yet)

Getting my Blue/Silver in about 5-6 weeks or so.

From the research I did, you don't need a turbo timer, the turbo cooling design relies on oil and coolant.

What city do you live in? I'm out east in Clayton. Some great roads down here like Marsh Creek, etc.

BTW, where did you buy your car at?

Peace.

P.

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
which cat-back?

MODA CAR was terrible to a freind of mine scratched the wheels hot rodded the car sidestepped his clutch... he knows this bc he was having lunch down the street and saw them doing it !

bummer on moda car

dave

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
That's interesting, the owner seemed very nice, but that was a long long time since I was there.

There's nothing worse than people hot rodding your car, that's outragous, un-professional and very foolish.

When I go to a shop, especially for the first time, I take a few moments to checkout the place you know....see who works there, look at the work area (is it organized and professional or sloppy) and see who works on the car. I'm very picky about those things.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Peleg said:
CMX, where ya at?

I was in Walnut Creek today, saw a black STi in the parking lot at Target, wonder who it was. (I don't know alot of people from the board yet)

Getting my Blue/Silver in about 5-6 weeks or so.

From the research I did, you don't need a turbo timer, the turbo cooling design relies on oil and coolant.

What city do you live in? I'm out east in Clayton. Some great roads down here like Marsh Creek, etc.

BTW, where did you buy your car at?

Peace.

P.
I have seen a blue STi with gold wheels a few times in Walnut Creek. One time I was waiting at the light to go across the mall in (the one with the covered garage). I was in my red WRX and this fellow with the blue STi was making a left turn across from me. He took off like a rocket. Car sounded wonderfull. My wife in th car thought that he went too fast though :) Oh well I though it was lots of fun... wish I could get an Sti but I have not given up quite yet... maybe later this year... :cry:

cheers

Nick

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Greddy e-manage and e-01

Cool man, I'd like to meet with some people. Getting my car in about 4-5 weeks or so.

I usually hangout around Walnut Creek, went to school down there.

We should meet up sometime.

P.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Peleg said:
Cool man, I'd like to meet with some people. Getting my car in about 4-5 weeks or so.

I usually hangout around Walnut Creek, went to school down there.

We should meet up sometime.

P.
Hi Peleg,

Sorry for the late reply. I just got a chance to check my postings today.. =)

have you gotten your car yet? I live in San Leandro; hence the blk STi you see in Walnut Creek is not mine. I drive to Tahoe for snowboarding all most every weekend. You might see me on hwy 80 or 50, depends on which day of teh week. anyway, I got my car from Ron Price of SSF. I quote them $1k over invoice. I first called several dealers in my area, but they didn't seem very enthusiastic about my offer except Ron Price. So I went there. It took me two hours to get the car out the door. I don't think I got the best deal in the world, but I didn't want to my precious weekends going around comparing prices. $1000 over invoice is not a big deal compare to the markups for European cars. nevertheless, dealers wont take my offer if they are not making money. I saved a lot of trouble just call up the dealer who wants my business..

oh..the adjusted price was $30,500 (incl arm rest and wheel locks). remember to put a post on "got mine" after you get it. =)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts