IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1090 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if theres any gauge pods that are supposed to come out for our GRs? Preferably something that would go somewhere in the center console? Like maybe the little tray below the AC controls? I'm thinking about getting boost, EGT and oil pressure... and I'm just fearing how stupid it might look with all 3 on the steering column.

If no one knows of any, or any thats in production, or someone thats supposed to be designing one, post up! Also, feel free to post other gauge pod solutions, whether its steering column, or A-pillar.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Nothing good is out yet. FTL. I am waiting patiently. I heard a rumor Autometer is coming out with a dash bezel for the GR like they had for GD. I hope it's true because I loved that pod.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Yes there are a lot of universal options out there. But none of them will give the integrated OEM look some of us are after.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Anyone know if theres any gauge pods that are supposed to come out for our GRs? Preferably something that would go somewhere in the center console? Like maybe the little tray below the AC controls? I'm thinking about getting boost, EGT and oil pressure... and I'm just fearing how stupid it might look with all 3 on the steering column.

If no one knows of any, or any thats in production, or someone thats supposed to be designing one, post up! Also, feel free to post other gauge pod solutions, whether its steering column, or A-pillar.

Thanks in advance
I gave up waiting a while back and got the subaru gauges, rumors of products never materialized for some reason, dragged way too long. Harman Motive had 2 mounted in the tray on their 08, but never made a product of it

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also found this.... the zerosport gauge pod... but its for RHD :(

someone wanna make one of these for LHD? :D

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
I gave up waiting a while back and got the subaru gauges, rumors of products never materialized for some reason, dragged way too long. Harman Motive had 2 mounted in the tray on their 08, but never made a product of it

I think the 09 WRX should jumpstart the aftermarket for these cars. I think it will be popular enough to increase the demand for this kind of stuff. Too bad about the economy crapping out. I'm sure companies are a little more cautious about releasing new products right now. :(

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Last I heard.. someone was already working on it... but only in carbon fiber.. which is a no-go for me.
Yeah, not really feeling today's carbon fiber craze either. Call me arrogant but I think the CF look is not that suiting for the "Grown up STI" Then again, functional CF is cool, like the weight savings from a CF trunk, etc... but a gauge pod, come on now... :( nothing else in the car is carbon fiber.

Then again, I'm sure we could always buy said CF pod and paint it.

·
Premium Member
4,121 Posts
Im going the in car computer route with a 7" touch screen display for my guages. Nice setup that includes data logging as well.....

·
Premium Member
4,121 Posts
and wont take care of the 5 guages we all want...

·
Registered
368 Posts
I am waiting a bit to get HKS Camp 2. Working on some performance mods firts but plan on getting begening of the spring. Its a bit on the expensive side but on the other hand if you eliminate having all 3-5 gauges all over the place. You will be able to read up 6 gauges at the time. I have seen thread about it on here and NASIOC. If any body has any pro and con comments about this unit please I would love to hear.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I purchased a small digital display (square) for boost from Dakota Digital for $50 with the sending unit.

Once I get it installed in the car, I'll post some pictures.

·
Premium Member
4,121 Posts
the unit Im planning on using is already proven and the heart of the external sensors is based on the Zeitronix ZT2. It will display any guage combo you want and up to 5 guages at once. It can be displayed on the OEM display but you wont have the touch screen capability with the OEM display, that is why I want to use the external 7" flat panel as well. I will get some picts when I get it all installed and connected.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
hopefully I'll be starting my gauge project. I'm planning on making a carbon fiber 4pod guage hood. Only problem is I might be having to goto japan for 3-4months with the new job I got. :(

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
the unit Im planning on using is already proven and the heart of the external sensors is based on the Zeitronix ZT2. It will display any guage combo you want and up to 5 guages at once. It can be displayed on the OEM display but you wont have the touch screen capability with the OEM display, that is why I want to use the external 7" flat panel as well. I will get some picts when I get it all installed and connected.
I don't understand why gauge manufacturers aren't starting to go this route. LCD screens aren't exactly expensive anymore. Plugging a Defi like control unit into one with the appropriate sensors plugged into it should be a fairly cost effective solution at this point.

What would be really nice is if I could purchase an aftermarket touchscreen nav head unit and plug a control unit that would feed it the data I want to see.

I don't much care to have 20 different round, static gauges floating around my car.

1 - 20 of 1090 Posts