IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my question is:
how many of you have bought or plan to buy your equipment online (ebay)?
next up on my sti to do list is the audio...
i am looking @
front: mb quart 6.5 components or
boston rally series components
rear door: same brands but 5.25 coax
sub: 1 12" jl w6v2
h.u.: premier 940 mp
amps: jl 300x4 and jl 500x1
dynamat all around
after getting a complete quote from tweeter this set-up is going to cost me just over 4 grand otd.

my question is:
how many of you have bought or plan to buy your equipment online (ebay)?
aside from not being able to get a service plan are there any other concerns i should look for?
i am planning on getting all the items new, from ebay dealers. nothing used. but it should save me a substantial amount of money.

thanks for any help

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
CObb's AccessECU experience???

I've had almost all great experiences with online shopping. The key is to used reputable vendors. And just because something's listed on ebay doesn't mean you can't find it for less elsewhere. Shipping charges can sometimes make a more expensively-priced item a better deal. . . . you have to pay attention, especially when free shipping is being offered. And if they're an in-state seller. . . . watch out, you'll probably have to pay sales tax on top of everything else.

:)

·
Registered
270 Posts
i bought some dynamat on ebay for 35 bucks, NEW and it is the Door Kit Extreme dynamat. so i'd say look on e-bay for the dynamat and i'd prob get the rest from a dealer so you know its NEW, and w/ warrenty. just my oppinion

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
If I was going to install the stuff myself I would have bought it all online but since I did not I got everything from the place that did the install. In fact they do not install stuff not bought from them. One problem if you do buy online and have someone else install it and there is a problem they will usually charge you to remove and then reinstall everything since you did not buy it from them they are not liable for it not working.

·
Registered
270 Posts
MKIVSupra made a good point unless you plan on installing your system, then get your speakers from a local dealer, most dealers will match crutchfields prices on speakers and install them at 1/3 the price they would normally charge if you got them somewhere else and had them to do the install.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have resigned myself to purchase the h.u. and door speakers from a local shop.
most likely i will be getting amps and a sub form an online co.
there seem to be many good options available from co's that are big names in audio, but are hard to find @ local stores.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts