IW STi Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They were separate...the top few lines were bundled closely and in a loop that seemed to continue through the top. Too bad I don't have a better pic of it.

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I can feel a pinpoint drag on the left side of the car...sucks! I got rid of the problem by installing a roof rack :lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I could be wrong, but as i recall i don't think the STi Came with a sterio, which would mean it would be kind of lame to put an antena on the car if there was no sterio.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
MyCarSucks said:
...as i recall i don't think the STi Came with a sterio, which would mean it would be kind of lame to put an antena on the car if there was no sterio.
the same might be said about stereo harneses but from what we've heard, the harnesses are included. the omissions from the car (e.g. stereo) have been characterized as items that could be easily installed at the dealership. my guess is the antenna is there in the glass like on my outback wagon.

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MyCarSucks said:
I could be wrong, but as i recall i don't think the STi Came with a sterio, which would mean it would be kind of lame to put an antena on the car if there was no sterio.
Call it "Stereo-ready" just like a lot of cars a few years ago like my Civic were "CD-ready"...it had the buttons on the dash but no CD player or changer. All the wiring was there, however.

·
Registered
575 Posts
yeah, not having an antenna would be kinda harsh because then you are not even giving the consumer the option to getting FM and AM.

what we should demand is an XM pre mounted Antenna :) Now that would have been very sweet indeed :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
The car will definately come prewired for a stereo. Behind the dash and at the speaker locations. I doubt Subaru would leave the wiring out. The antenna is another matter. There may be a cable ran or maybe not. I remember older Honda Civics that came without a stereo had no antenna. Hopefully Subaru will offer a factory antenna kit of some sort. Gotta have tunes for cruising to the track! :)

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I hope the pre-wiring will include the in-glass antenna. If not, then you could go with one of those euro-type units. Those would look pretty cool for a "out-of-glass" antenna..

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
If I had to add an antenna or replace the one we get stock, I'd get one of those internal magnetic antennas. They are just a magnet that you place on the sheet metal from inside the trunk or elsewhere. It turns your entire car into an antenna.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just went to my local dealership to check out the 04's. The antenna is indeed in the rear window. It makes up the top 3-4 lines.

BTW, I tried to pop the trunk from the inside and it was locked. I could not find the lock for it. I talked to my friend and who just got his and accidentally stretched his cable trying to pop it when it was locked. Seems like a bad design.

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You probably flipped the popup latch cancel lever inadvertently. You'll have to unlock the trunk with the key, then switch the lever back.

·
Registered
526 Posts
CloNeGTS said:
If I had to add an antenna or replace the one we get stock, I'd get one of those internal magnetic antennas. They are just a magnet that you place on the sheet metal from inside the trunk or elsewhere. It turns your entire car into an antenna.
I don't see those working too well. Antenna's need to be tuned to the frequencies they are to operate with. Interesting concept thou.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts