IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an '04 STi and one of the best things about that car, IMO, was the big ass rear wing. To me, that just makes an STi an STi.

Well, I've opted for the '07 LTD now, and of course all it comes with is that trunk lip spoiler. So, I've been looking at different options to possibly replace the rear lip with something a little more substantial... a little more rally-esque :D

So, here are my options:

1) Leave it alone and get used to it.

2) Go OEM wing and OEM roof vane

3) How about this Zerosports replica spoiler?

I actually really like the look of this, but it's hard to tell in that crappy pic. And it's also hard to tell since it's not a "real-life" pic.

Opinions would be appreciated.

WhyteSTI

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
IMO you are right! The ridiculously huge wing is what makes a sti a sti; however, if you're spending that much money on a wing I don't think it's worth it. So to tell you the truth, get used to it b/c wingless with little lip looks kinda cool, and also with those couple hundred bux you're saving you can get a nice lip for your beast. This is just my opinion though... wait to see what others say.:D

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
well im wingless right now and considered putting different types of wings but . . . nothing seems to work for me except the stock big wing or maybe the apr carbon fiber wing . . . but that pic of the sti with the wing looks okay but in person it looks like th3 4aster wing lol srt-4 . . . just my .02 :cool:

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol, well bix X on option #3. Umm, no SRT-4 style thanks. It's a crappy pic, so it was hard to tell what it would actually look like.

So to tell you the truth, get used to it b/c wingless with little lip looks kinda cool, and also with those couple hundred bux you're saving you can get a nice lip for your beast.
The V-Limited lip is already on there, if you meant the front lip.

Maybe just adding a roof vane.... grr, the STI wing is so solid though.

·
Premium Member
2,615 Posts
nandanrp said:
Why'd you go 07 LTD instead of 07 "regular" if you want the boyracer looks
:yeahthat:

Personally I would buy an STi trunk outright and paint it. I think I saw a CGM one on nasioc for like $300... + $200 to paint, keep the limited trunk around for when you sell the car. Since the LTD colors are unique to the '07s, straight up trading someone would be a pain, you'd both have to paint... maybe wait a few months until there are more 07s out there...?

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nandanrp said:
Why'd you go 07 LTD instead of 07 "regular" if you want the boyracer looks :confused:

I say get used to it!
What can I say? I like the wing :confused: Why do some people like blue and some people like white? lol, just a matter of taste I guess.

Anyway, the Ltd is more than just the trunk lip spoiler. I got if for the heated leather seats and interior, better looking center console, fogs, V-limited lip, black Brembos etc etc... I bought it for all of that.

But I still like the wing.

It's actually a little bit funny how many PM's I've gotten about trading my deck lid. I may just add the roof vane instead... it just seems imbalanced to me. I have yet to see a LTD in person though, so that will help make up my mind.

edit: Austinpike, thanks for the info and suggestion. Good suggestion...

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
option 1.) leave it and get used to it.

don't get the zerosports rep. spoiler. it reminds me of one of those spoilers they used to put on hondas back in the day.

·
Registered
2019 WRX
4,512 Posts

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I think the STi wing only fits fits on the STi. theres no other wing that looks as good as the stock one, expect for Syms becuase it has the style of the STi wing.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Whyte - If you decide to sell the limited rear spoiler, I'll buy it from you.
Seriously, don't forget that I'll buy it.

If you're going with some type of wing, my vote would be for the stock sti wing or the s203 wing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts