IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys I know this might be a stupid question to some but I might actually bite the bullet and keep my car and start doing things.....

Ok I have a Cobb catted DP going back to a factory SPT Exhaust, I want it louder.....

SO, I have Combed threads but still confused. So the Cobb can stay and the midpipe can stay and just plug and play or do I need a new mid pipe to match the deletes??

I bought the car with the exhaust on it so I don't know if the Cobb was one piece, the midpipe was a second and the SPT was third or if the midpipe is part of the SPT and I will need a new midpipe and the delete to mate up with the Cobb.....

I'm confused and again apologize if I didn't come across the right thread and the info is right in front of my face:(

Oh sorry for an 09 hatch and dealing with the 9 hundredth question like this in advance:)

Disco.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Cat back is axleback + mid pipe I think most axle will go on mid pipe long as it 's not costume made + down pipe now you have a turbo back. It probably can backfire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not custom but I don't know if the midpipe was part of the SPT or it's just stock, as I said I bought it already on it so haven't been around enough subies to compare what the stock looks like(midpipe) to determine what I need I guess.

·
Registered
97 Posts
It's not custom but I don't know if the midpipe was part of the SPT or it's just stock, as I said I bought it already on it so haven't been around enough subies to compare what the stock looks like(midpipe) to determine what I need I guess.

Axle should fit right on stock one mid pipe, what's spt

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SPT was a factory subaru performance option that you can add with the car factory installed, you can also buy them too but they are pricey from what I have seen. It's actually a really good looking built system but I just want some more noise and the delete will give me what I want and probably more....

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So basically I'm looking at the nameless axleback delete but I don't think it will just be a take off the SPT and slap on the nameless....possible someone has done this exact swap might know hell I don't know I have some pics of the midpipe if it might help but I just figured they all follow the same route back to the axle just might have a different bend to the actual muffler

·
Registered
97 Posts
Maybe look up a video of the installation and see if it look like what you have

·
Registered
245 Posts
The SPT kit comes with its own midpipe. So it's a downpipe back exhaust. The concern I see is that a axle back kit will not bolt onto the SPT midpipe due to it's different design. The stock muffler midpipe enters on the drivers side and the SPT enters thru the rear center of the muffler.
I have a stock and SPT and a Borla here if you PM me I can send you pics.
This is all for the GR Hatchback design.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So now that I have researched quite a bit yes it does seem the midpipe will not match by any means:( so I'm pretty much stuck on the nameless delete but I will need the midpipe as well, which is ok.... but man what a decision I swear exhaust has to be the hardest thing to spend money on. I know the delete is gonna be loud as hell, but I really want it loud as hell:) BUT would I be better off with the 5 inch muffs 4 inch muffs, a whole other system......

And now that I have to get the midpipe and axleback I'm almost just gonna dump the Cobb and get the entire set up just cause screw it, but I don't think it's going to make much of a difference with the nameless DP but it all would be just so damn nice....but 1600 nice I don't know.

Anyway thanks for the replies at this point money is the decision maker here as usual...I'm gonna keep watching vids and combing threads:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts