IW STi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
That was a great road. I ran the Pennsylvania Hillclimb Association events( SCCA Solo 1) for a few years in the 90's. Not sure where you are from but Giant's Despair, Weatherly and Duryea were some of the bigger events you may have heard of if you are from the Northeast.
I take it that was not an SCCA sanctioned event. We were required to have a full fire suit, roll bar or cage, belts, extinguisher, window net and competition license. Did you have safety vehicles/ambulance/physicians at your event? Hillclimbing without them is risky business-but still a major rush.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
http://www.wmclub.org/hillclimb.shtml

that is who ran the event, there are emergancy personell on hand at all times. 5 cars were totalled if i remeber corectly.

the hand signal was me being very frustrated and not taking the right line and i was not going as fast as i wanted when i passed the radar point.

the rear view mirrior comes off with a twist, all of them do.

for this event i had had the gt35r on my car for 2 days. this was the first time i was really able to get on it at all. it was really a challenge learning the car all over again.

i did get first place in my calss, but i musr give credit to the PRE full race prep wrx that was a 2.5L, full on race heads, and a red turbo that beat my time. but he went off course 3 out of 4 times, and ran in the wrong class, so he was dissqualified.

i try to run as many events as i can, with being in the Army i do not have an abundance of free time. except for lately, lol but i have a broken collar bone

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.