IW STi Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm new to data logging and trying to understand what I am seeing. I have researched some about the topic but have a lot to learn and more research to do. It will take a little time to feel confident I know what I am looking at. Hoping some of you could help out.

2005 stage two. I did a 3rd gear pull form 2K to redline and went into fourth. First time logging so may need to clean that up a little. I think on this pull I hit the divider ribs in the road so there may be some "noise" in this log, not sure.

Do I have parameters required to determine if the tune is safe for my car? Also new at Google Docs so I might have issues, I will find out.

How does the data look to you all, thanks!

View attachment datalog11 - datalog11 PDF.pdf

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HXVvrRzJ_e6NY7-Vwff6nQ8WagYWMoksWM3iY9KPTww/edit#gid=1876217521

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nobody, wow.

Anyway I think I have a little better understanding about what I am looking at. My FKL looks good, all at zero in this pull, my FBK hits -2 at high load, high boost and at a high RPM in the pull. This is not good although I think this value being what is and with the other data as I understand it is not so bad.

I think I did have a knock event and the -2 going back to -1 then 0 in this pull is one knock event?

I'm not sure what other values in the log need to be looked at along with the FBK and FKL?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Next time, post that in this thread instead of making a new one.
Here are the new pulls, 3rd gear, 2K to redline and 4th gear, 2k to redline. Same stretch of road. I had more feedback knock on the 3rd gear pull than I have seen in any of my logs so far. I did two sets of each and the second 3rd gear pull looked about the same.

3rd gear pull

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DOONzwGjT0MghflrjS8VLsNj2ykjz7b3Nc64NA20my8/edit#gid=861166770

4th gear pull

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AgP4eL9N_Sdy52pVHkhHVX5eVgx_sYYZMH1iiV2H7tA/edit#gid=2076193768

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,388 Posts
After graphing the logs out, I would be curious as to what your AFR is. What octane fuel are you running? Timing seems pretty high up top. Depending on your octane, it may just be too much timing at peak boost. Try reducing the global timing by 3 degree via the AP (under "Tune" and "Adjustments") and do another 4th gear run.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
After graphing the logs out, I would be curious as to what your AFR is. What octane fuel are you running? Timing seems pretty high up top. Depending on your octane, it may just be too much timing at peak boost. Try reducing the global timing by 3 degree via the AP (under "Tune" and "Adjustments") and do another 4th gear run.
It's the 93 octane map, running 93 octane. I would have to double check, idle AFR is around 14.7, I think at WOT it is around 11.4. That is according to the Accessport, which I have read is not reliable for AFR.

·
Super Moderator
8,388 Posts
The AccessPort uses the stock O2 for AFR. Any reading in boost is not accurate, although I am surprised it's not pegging at 11.2.

Try reducing the global timing above. If that improves, load the 91 octane map and try it at full timing (it'll reset when you load the map).

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
The AccessPort uses the stock O2 for AFR. Any reading in boost is not accurate, although I am surprised it's not pegging at 11.2.

Try reducing the global timing above. If that improves, load the 91 octane map and try it at full timing (it'll reset when you load the map).
Okay, thanks for the pointers.

Oh, one more question. Do you expect to see less feedback knock and learn knock when reducing the global timing?

I lied, one more, I have often read about high load......what is considered high load?

Nick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts