IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, I have searched and searched to no avail. I am going to be installing my autometer boost gauge this weekend. i know you have to tap the vaccum line by the BOV. Does anyone know what size "T" fitting I should get for this? Can I get this part at say Home Depot? Also the nylon tubing that came with the gauge is too short. Do they sell that stuff at HD too? Reccomend anything better than Nylon tubing? Tanks!

·
Registered
508 Posts
The actual boost line is T-ed into the small hose going from the nipple to the nipple on the blowoff valve (BOV). You have to cut the hose and use a T piece to attach a new hose which runs into the passenger compartment through the unused firewall grommet. This hose then screws into the back of the boost gauge with the hardware included with the gauge. (this is how to install a MECHANICAL boost gauge). Electrical boost gauges are similar except they use a sender mounted in the engine compartment with a wire going to the actual gauge. The wires for the boost gauge lights tap into the dash lighting and ground. See wrxtra.com and look in the documentation area under boost gauge installation kit instructions. Oh yeah, I've got a spare brand new boost gauge installation kit (which includes high pressure vacuum hose, a brass T piece, an NPT fitting that screws onto the Autometer gauge, and hose clamps) and installation instructions I'll sell you for $10 (it's the same one wrxtra is selling- I got it from them but opted to use the factory tubing/T piece from the already installed factory boost gauge out of convenience It works with mechanical Autometer boost gauges). On my previous WRX, I used the Autometer tubing with no problems. However, this time I used the heavy duty vacuum tubing that came with the factory boost gauge. The trick is to make sure that you have a good seal both at the gauge and at the T piece. As for the T piece. I've got one that will work with Autometer tubing and also one that will work with the larger diameter vacuum tubing. If you want either one of them, I'll give them to you. Just email me (at [email protected]) your address and which one you need and I'll send it out free of charge. Let me know if I can be of any other assistance.
Bryan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts