IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, Im about to get an exhaust BUT I don't knoe which ones the one that looks kinda 'angled' to the left when looking from the rear of the car.

Ive searched all over but cant find the answer.

thanks

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
oh! how i love cruising at 85 mph with only 3250 on the tach

turbo xs rfl-ti

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool cool cool. Now, one more question:

Id want to get godspeeds DP too. What exactly do I need to order from TXS in order for this DP to mate corectly with the rest of the entire exhaust system assuming that I get the TXS rfl.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
you need turboxs' cat back only assuming it'll fit up to the downpipe... you might wnat to call and check. (Downpipe + Cat back = full TBE)

Robert~

·
Registered
88 Posts
If I'm correct, the HKS Carbon-Ti's are angled too?

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
APS has a couple of angled ones too...

·
Registered
452 Posts
SNOW TIRES A MUST

What is the benefit of an angled exhaust? A different look or any more merit?

-Rich

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
in most applications if im wrong please correct me but being angled helps keeping the exhaust as straight flowing as possible. on less bend at the end... make sence? am i correct?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
i thought it was just for looks *shrug* ... i could see your point if they did it because of a bend, (to keep it going straight , rather then bend it back straight), but *shrug* i have no clue. My TRD exhaust for my supra was like this and i always got the "your exhaust is bent" "why is your exhaust crooked" comments ... so that went out pretty fast lol

Robert~

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think the 'angled' look is pretty tight!!! Its just a matter of personal preference but the poin in question is : are these exhaust gases flowing fast enough to merit less bendings on exhaust systems?? ;) I mean, for our applications, does it matter how many bends our exhaust systems have ??

Ohhh, Ive seen a couple of HKS pics and it looks like it doesn't provide enough ground clearance :(

im gonna have to go with the TXS setup.

One more question:

the more I read about this the more I get confused. I've read that TXS and Godspeed DP dont throw any cels, BTW what are Cels?? <---computer engine light???.....neways, in order to not get cels or boost creep is it mandatory that I install a boost controller ?

thanks again all of you for these informative posts!!!

later

Ohhh yahhhh, are there any bay area meets !?!?!?!

id like to hear those killer rumble bees!! hahah

later

Im in santa clara

·
Registered
241 Posts
The angled exhaust is mainly for straight through design, but it can also have some JDM esque qualities to it :D

As for the RFL-Ti mating up to the godspeed dp, it won't work. You either need the TXS DP, Catpipe and B-pipe to mate to the RFL-Ti, or you'll need have to look into a different catback. My suggestion: Get the godspeed downpipe and get any 3" catback you want. MUCH better selection ;)

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
go with blitz ... its not angeled but sounds awsome and athe performance/quality is top notch :).

Robert~

·
Registered
112 Posts
u can get angled angled mufflers

the ones without a straight cut tip
lol

or a angled straight cut

ohhhhh confusinggg

·
Registered
949 Posts
the rs*r exhaust is angled.
it is very reasonably priced @ vividracing.
has anyone had any experience with this company before?
there are pics... how does the clearance look compared to other exhausts out there?

i don't want anything else scraping on my car!

·
Registered
28 Posts
So ALL HKS Carbon-Ti catback is angled? What about Invidia g200? or Greddy Ti-C?

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
did anyone see the original date on THIS thread!?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts