IW STi Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done mods to Stella before this. All stock location/boltons to 440AWHP, but i have since started another build i feel is actually worthy creating a build thread on here. so here she is....just over a year in the making, stage 1 of the project is finally coming to a close soon. the hard stuff is done, just waiting for tune and only a couple little things. I did not hit my goal for H6 but i have the next best thing to it. Getting tuned for 600WHP but its capable of 800+ which will happen during stage 2. ive spared no expense and did not cut corners. here is the breakdown of what i have done, more specifics can come later:

Garrett GTX3582R (black wrinkle powder coated compressor, powder coated CHRA, ceramic coated exhaust housing)
Perrin rotated ewg up-pipe and down pipe (all ceramic coated black)
Perrin FMIC (anodized and wrinkled powder coated black)
Tial 50MM BOV
Invidia EL headers
Tial MVR 44MM EWG
WRX wiring harness/connecotrs/sensors
Vi-Pec 44 ECU, tuning in anti-lag, launch control, flexfuel
GM flexfuel sensor with ethanol content guage
Aeromotive 1000 inline fuel pump and top feed rails
deatschwerks 300LPH in tank pump
-8AN fuel lines
1.5L swirl pot
ID 2000's injectors
Mishimoto radiator/fans with silicone hoses

Engine:
Cosworth Stroker kit 2.71L
Darton semi closed deck sleeves
Stage 4 cams, no AVCS
valves/springs good for 12,000 rpm
block/heads ported/polished
all hardware is the best ARP has to offer
Exedy triple carbon disk clutch

Fortune Auto 500 coilovers (rear helper springs, radial bearings, rear camber plates)
Hotchkis competition swaybar kit

Attachments

·
Registered
9,113 Posts
Very nice! You definitely got the works :tup: You'll hit low to mid 700s with 35-37psi of boost on the GTX. Anything more than that you have to find a way to keep the headgaskets intact. If you want to do 800whp, I think you may need EFR9180 or an FP Super99 turbo (3794)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Motor should be okay 800+, is a Justice Race Engines build that was originally made for GRC/Rally America but i got lucky enough to get ahold of it.

·
Registered
9,113 Posts
Motor should be okay 800+, is a Justice Race Engines build that was originally made for GRC/Rally America but i got lucky enough to get ahold of it.
Jim Justice joined up with IAG for reference if you need any future work done :devil:

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Looks good.

Two questions:

Did Cosworth ever do a 2.71?

Why did you decide on 2.71?

Thank,

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks good.

Two questions:

Did Cosworth ever do a 2.71?

Why did you decide on 2.71?

Thank,

Wow, a lot of time has passed since i last got on here. I apologize for not keeping up with your question. Better late then never i guess, hopefully you're still on here to see this. Jim Justice built the engine for a race team in Dublin, Ohio (PMR Motorsport). Cosworth did a custom job for Jim/Pat. Pat Moro and Tim Rooney quit driving subarus and sold me this engine to liquidate for their Chevy Sonic GRC cars. Engine was rebuilt after X-games Austin in 2013 and never used again.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey all, I have been away from the forums but I am getting back in. Update on the build....its still in pieces. lol. But, since my last post, i have missed performance to the point i had no choice but to sell my 2012 Legacy and bought a LR 2015 STi with Cobb Stage 1+. I have also gotten the following for the big build:

2006 STi transmission:
-Cusco front differential
-PPG dogbox gearset
-modified 2006 center differential
Custom shift linkages installed
DSS level 5 front axle kit
DSS Pro rear axle/hub kit (2006 inner spline/2004 outer spline to keep stock 2004 BBS wheels)
Oswald Performance subframe kit
Changed from braided fuel line to hard tube
Gem Pro Diff controller
Aeromotive fuel pump controller
Whiteline anti-lift kit
Whiteline roll-center/bump steer kit
Installed aluminum firewall behind rear seat to separate cabin from trunk fuel components
Rear subframe has been cleaned and powder coated

Thats all i can think of right now. Was hoped to have this done by Rocky Mountain Subaru Festival this year, but the shop doing the project has been through alot and hasnt had time to work this. New hopeful unveiling is Subie Invasion Las Vegas, Nov 5. But, we will see. Looking for Colorado contacts to meet with.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Another long over-due update and I wish it was better. Looks like i mentioned before, the shop I was using was going through tough times and wasn't working my car much. That actually got worse and I finally had to hire a lawyer who sent a demand letter having my car removed from the shop. The axles and front subframe I bought were not with the car, so I have to buy a new set of axles and I just put the stock subframe back on the car. The project doesn't appear hacked, just unfinished, especially with wiring so that is going to suck having to pay another shop more in labor to figure out whats going on and finish it. But, I do have the car at my house now and it is going to a reputable place in Colorado called Mo-Fab. I am sending it there next thursday with the plan to have it finally finished in the next couple months. This has been a very frustrating deal over the last few years, but I finally see light at the end of the tunnel.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mofab LLC has had the car now for 5 months and it has been an up hill battle dealing with issues from the previous shop. The GEMS DCCD module actually wasnt in the casing, the Link G4+ ECU had to be shipped to Link twice, once to their America location and it is currently in New Zealand getting looked over, and the DSS axles were not with the car. And before anybody jumps on here saying i should sue the guy, yes, I know i can sue him and would win. But, after hiring an attorney and going through my options, I decided it was best to just drop the issue and move on with life. The guy/shop has no assets to pay back anything and I dont want to constantly fly back/forth to Ohio for court appearances. The ECU hits fuel/boost cut and completely loses power for a second or two once the car reaches operating temperature and RPM is around 3k-4k. With that being said, the car does finally drive, and I have had the pleasure of driving it for 20 minutes during a test drive. The car sounds amazing and the dogbox transmission is a loud obnoxious beast, but I loved it. Once the ECU gets back to Mofab, they will go over the base tune again so I can get some miles on the car, then dive into emissions and final tune.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Would like to update all that the car is officially completed!! After getting back the ECU from Link, it took several attempts and switching the fuel to E85 to get it to pass emissions. The big Aeromotive 1000 pump died on me so we swapped in what they had on hand, DW350 in line pump. Had some more ECU issues particularly with fuel mapping of pump 91, repinned the ethanol content sensor and Link pushed us a firmware update. Then my in tank feeder pump died, so we put in the e85 Aeromotive 340. Now, finally ater 6 years, she puts down 697 whp and 630 wtq. I took her home and then got sent out for work. so I dont have car pictures or videos right now. I do have the dyno sheet attached. I was told boost pressure is around 35psi aand that is on e85.

·
Registered
935 Posts
man that looks great. that graph is good looking,especially at our altitude. Crossing the 300 wtq at 4200 RPMs. Wouldn't be horrible to drive around town

·
Registered
584 Posts
Would like to update all that the car is officially completed!! After getting back the ECU from Link, it took several attempts and switching the fuel to E85 to get it to pass emissions. The big Aeromotive 1000 pump died on me so we swapped in what they had on hand, DW350 in line pump. Had some more ECU issues particularly with fuel mapping of pump 91, repinned the ethanol content sensor and Link pushed us a firmware update. Then my in tank feeder pump died, so we put in the e85 Aeromotive 340. Now, finally ater 6 years, she puts down 697 whp and 630 wtq. I took her home and then got sent out for work. so I dont have car pictures or videos right now. I do have the dyno sheet attached. I was told boost pressure is around 35psi aand that is on e85.

Those are some serious numbers. Congrats on finishing the car. Can't imagine what a relief it must be after all those years.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts