IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm another Silver/Silver fan - and a new member! I bought mine today for 1k under MSRP with zero hassles and was psyched to be driving it off the lot about 15 minutes after I walked in. I've been considering a WRX for about 18 months or so and then migrated over to STi for the sum of all the improvements. I was driving a truck until about 12 hours ago and this is quite a bit more fun. My many hours playing Gran Turismo 3 are finally paying off...

Nothing much that hasn't been said - I'm just working diligently to get to 1000 miles so I can see what the hell happens when you pass 4000RPM! Used most of my first tank and averaged 20.9mpg in mixed hwy & city driving. Very easy to drive around town and not as harsh a ride as I was expecting... but it is firm. Some roads in particular were hitting some kind of resonant requency and it got VERY loud, but that only happened a couple times. Didn't see the wing or scoop move that I could see when I was at highway speeds - 80 or so max.

Looking at another full day of break-in tomorrow - maybe go up Hwy 1. Mmm...

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Scott! I got it at Carlsen in Redwood City. Andreas (and Greg) sold it to me - they were a breeze to work with.

Time to hit Peets for my coffee, then find some good drives. Going to be a long and glorious day!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool drewster. My parents live up there, so I drive or fly through often (something tells me I'll be driving the next time). Peets is where it's at - if you're serious about your coffee.

Put 330 miles on in the last 26 hours. It's hard to know how to sum it up - I mostly feel weird about actually having an STi now. All this time thinking about it and the keys are in my pocket. I'm not used to getting so much attention on the road, either. Today there was quite a bit of pointing, turning heads, and even laughter in some cases (which I can understand, the STi isn't subtle-looking car, and certainly isn't for everyone). The car-paranoia is also killin' me. Like where to park, how long I will be away from my car, will a rock chip my windshield, etc. I guess that will pass a bit in time. A small price to pay.

Time to go ahead and finish reading the owner's manual.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
After you've owned a convertable, you completely understand the anxiety of leaving your car when you go somewhere. I had the top off my jeep wrangler all summer, and every time I went to the store for something, I kept worrying that people would steal my stuff, etc.

There isn't much you can do about it, so just try to deal with it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
cryyyy...you got my sti. i waited the silver and silver one, but my finances weren't quite up to it at the time. Andreas told me to wait for the next shipment. anyways, congrats. wanna give me a test ride someday??? hehehehehe :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
VS 6spd shift knob

Awe man! Sorry, baller :) You'll get a newer one anyway! Silver/silver was the only combo I was considering. Your time will come... and if it makes you feel any better, I think my alignment is a little off. Checked the tire pressures and it consistently tracks slightly to the left. Can't notice it until you get above 45 or so, but I'm going to get it looked at next Monday.

Other than that, the car is all it's cracked up to be... and I'm still in the under-4000rpm club.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Damn, I knew this would happen. Just had to add that I got my first door ding - on DAY 12 OF MY FREAKIN' OWNERSHIP!!!!! Jeeeeez... I've been so extremely careful about where I park, how close I am to other people who might open their doors, what kind of car is next to me, etc. It only makes sense that I get screwed this early in the game. The only possible place it happened was at work - and I always park in the last spot on the row and right up against the curb. They had to be driving one of those 70's cadillacs with the 8 foot door. It's the only way.

At least I can now stop being so paranoid... but thought I'd at least have my freakin' plates before this happened. :evil:

Just had to vent.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Always park between the two most expensive cars you can find. They're not gonna ding you because they'll be worrying about their own doors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts