IW STi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Go to post #5 on this thread to download the calibration. I have some notes explaining what hardware was on the vehicle and a datalog to show how it was running during a 4th gear pull on a Mustang chassis dyno. Otherwise the vehicle is stock. Please enjoy.

Take care,
Christian.
Cobb Tuning, Inc. is not responsible or liable for any consequences, mechanical or electronic, foreseen or unforeseen, that may result from the use of this calibration, the transfer of this calibration to the vehicle acknowledges the user accepts these terms.

·
Premium Member
4,416 Posts
Christian,

Am I missing something here? I think I am. It says a 65mm APS CAI which assumes a stock-LIKE MAF table. This setup is only pulling 4.6 MAF volts maximum. That doesn't seem like a lot of power to me. I was able to hit 4.7 MAF volts on the stock VF39 (stock airbox) and am hitting 4.4 MAF volts on the 70mm APS CAI on the stock turbo.

Is there any reason that the car is only running 16psi at redline (some people run 16psi @ redline with the stock turbo).

... this could just be a high elevation UTAH thing but I had to ask :)

t

·
Registered
876 Posts
Here's a ST basemap from my 3" green in my 06 STi

Other mods include:
External WG
FMIC
JECS 720 injectors
custom blowthrough MAF
DP with cat
Perrin EL headers
AVC-R Boost control

Because of my custom MAF, anyone using this WILL have to remap the intake curve. DO NOT expect this tune to be plug-and-play. Because I have an EWG, WOT ignition will look soft

also...

Use this tune at your own risk. Its not finished. Its terrible. I hate it.

Now that that's out of the way, for my car, its working quite nicely short of a little more logging and intake calibration map work.

Lastly, the AVCS map probably could use some dyno tuning. I know there is power left on the table there, I just dont have the time right now to sit on a dyno and retune for each change.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Christian any chance you could convert Rainmakers 06 map into a 05 ST format? Or any Protuners please. Thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
crystal_Imprezav said:
Christian any chance you could convert Rainmakers 06 map into a 05 ST format? Or any Protuners please. Thanks ahead of time.
I could but I will not have the time to do this for a while...too much on the plate for now. I am traveling to train some more ProTUNERs, assisting with some race teams, and have the next three weekends booked with tuning/dyno days...bla, bla, bla. Do you have another ProTUNER you can work with a more local one?

WolfPlayer said:
... this could just be a high elevation UTAH thing but I had to ask :) t
Yes this is our "thin air"...this is intended as a safe base map for people to start with. I do not want to release a calibration that is at threshold just so the end users have some leeway. Dude, the real answer is that you make more power than I do...I suck:(

Take care,
Christian.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
crystal_Imprezav said:
We have created base calibrations for the DB20G and the FP20G for the 2004-2006 STi. Go here to download them.

Take care,
Christian.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts