IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried out this new product? There still hasn't been a proven hard turbo inlet to replace the old elite product with the APS unit. Besides the AMR, the agency power piece was the only one on the market, and it came with poor fitment.

Is anyone running the AMR turbo inlet? It looks great, and at $260 for a hard inlet with the 2.4" and 3" coupler, just like the old APS unit makes this seem like it could become the new standard.

Auto Master AMR - Home of the Worlds Highest Horsepower Stock ECU Daily Driven STi

·
Banned
1,463 Posts
Picture Installed:

Yes the manifold has to be lifted to install. Its in the thread that announced the inlet release.
:tup:

All hard inlets require manifold removal.

AMR and Agency power look identical. I'll be going with Agency Power. Havent heard anything bad about it :D
Our turbo inlet pipe (AMR) is nothing like the Agency Power piece. ;)

Nothing identical about them whatsoever. :cool:

-Rob

·
Banned
1,463 Posts
AMR CAST Turbo Inlet Kit

·
Registered
783 Posts
I would like to know more about this as well.

·
Banned
1,463 Posts
I'm pretty sure I'll be grabbing one of these up to help complete my turbo kit.
:tup:

Are you going to be releasing an install manual any time soon? Mainly how all the vacum lines connect.
Installation is straight forward.

Uses all factory lines. Same lines used by your factory turbo inlet making installation simple and less complex. :D

-Rob

·
Banned
1,463 Posts
Picture of the turbo inlet installed:

Uses all factory lines. NO CUTTING!

·
Registered
288 Posts
I purchased yesterday. I will be having it installed along with my new turbo and tune next week. Excited to see the diff from my set up now.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Has anyone installed this on a 08+? I was told the manifold "should" be completely removed and technically the car retuned. I'm not worried about the tuning part as I'm doing this at a time when I'm swapping out turbo's so thats not a big deal. I won't be installing this myself but this is what I was told by my tuner. Not that I'm doubting anything they say but just wondering how anyone else has tackled this. I asked about just lifting it to get into place but they're concerned about cracked gaskets and possible leaks from doing that so just replacing them as the inlet is installed, which I tend to agree with being safe than sorry.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Well, it has to be lifted to be installed, so basically removed. I'm assuming just bolts loosened up/removed and lift the manifold high enough to fit the inlet underneath.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Not what I'm hearing. I've been quoted 4 hrs of labor for this little project. I'm not educated in this particular installation so just thought I'd get some opinions and ask. Like I said I'm not really questioning my shop just wanted to see if others had any experience with it.

1 - 20 of 159 Posts