IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you're not aware of this car, you're falling down on the job as a car enthusiast. It's an exposé of modern engineering and it's going to be glorious.

The powertrain is a 1.6L V6 with a split-turbo (compressor/turbine housings on opposite sides of the block), revving to over 11,000 RPM and electric motors. 1100+ hp, carbon fiber everything, F1 tech all over the place. 275 will be built. $2.4 million. The full release will be next week in Frankfurt.

·
Registered
13,104 Posts
1.6L. Gay.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is literally a tuned down version of their current Formula 1 engine. The exact same engine architecture with some more streetable materials and tuning.

·
Registered
124 Posts
1.6L. Gay.
You must not be an F1 fan. It must be small displacement to rev 11000 rpm.
I can't wait to see the reveal. It will be the closest thing to a modern f1 car ever made for the street. Mercedes Benz is the cutting edge in technology. :bow:

·
Premium Member
5,274 Posts
It must be small displacement to rev 11000 rpm.
* 11k rpm isn't that high. Didn't older F1 engines rev far higher? (ADDED: yes quick Google indicates over 20K in the past) Actually the F1 engine here is 13.5K with stree version limited to 11k, correct? Anyway it relates more to geometry resulting in relatively small displacement per cylinder which is smaller pieces of moving mass changing direction . . .

The 1.6l here is the maximum displacement as set by F1 rules as is a 15K rpm limit and 105kg fuel limit.

F1 Rules & Regulations

So it's my new dream car? Sort of, but it's not all that likely that even one member here will ever own one. The young and smart among us would have a better chance dreaming of flying a fighter costing far more. So should I make it my goal to own one? I think not. It might as well be the real F1 . . . cause it effectively make no difference . . . yet :)

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What specifically are you confused about?

It's a multilink inboard-pushrod setup. It's designed to separate suspension travel from body roll & weight transfer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts