Old and.....not so old...
- Cobb SF CAI (replaced the AEM)
- Nameless magnetic oil drain plug
- OTL Street Series coil packs
- Cobb Access Port v3
- Nameless Axle back
- Morimoto XB fog lights
- OEM rain guards
- Red Rally Armour mud flaps
- Blacked out headlight housing
- Replaced all the little light bulbs with LEDs (tail lights, rear turn signals, reverse, license plate and dome lights) (it makes a world of difference)
- H11 LED headlights (instead of the shitty halogens)
- Red piping around the inside of the grille
- Hella Supertones
- JDM style LED fog light/F1 4th brake light (red lens)
- Tinted rear window and passenger windows (seems like about 75% on all of them)
- Stock STi wheels (2 sets of gunmetal, one without tires atm), Pirelli winters on the shitty set, Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 for everything else
- those gaudy white tuner rims that are probably going to be sold or kept as a backup set *EDIT* Sold them for $500
- Also the car came with a smoke film over the reverse lights and a red film over the rear turn signals, I removed those because it looked better without them
- Billetworkz lightbulb shift knob
- Aftermarket alarm system/remote starter
- Headlight retrofit
- Build the engine
- Aftermarket exhaust (the rest of it; going for full turboback) would only do that if I got a set of xforce varex mufflers
- Springs or coilovers (haven't decided yet)
- Paint calipers red
- Powder coat the rims gold (the good ones anyways), spray bomb the winters.
- replace all the bushings
- replace various mounts (engine, etc...)
- Front/rear sway bars/ cross brace
- replace side view mirriors with ones that have the turn signals/heated (maybe the power folding too?)
- Air pump delete
- short throw shifter? seeing how tiny the gear shifter is with a short throw, maybe not
- replace subaru badges with JDM pink "i" badges for front/trunk
- considering removing the "moustache" on the grille and just leaving the badge
- hood scoop grille
- shark fin antenna? actually pretty sure that I don't want it anymore, I kinda like the little antenna
- D-shaped steering wheel
- Stage 2 clutch
- roofline spoiler?
So last April I made my first real big boy purchase, a 2012 STi sedan in Satin White Pearl. Back in 2006/7 I watched the episode of Top Gear where they did the STi vs Evo shootout, up until then I thought "EVOs were cool, they have a cool name, Subaru is whatever" but I never thought to actually look into those cars, I just knew they were cars. Thing is though I saw the episode because I wanted to see the Evo in action and then the STi piqued my interest but it was the 5th Gear Hawkeye vs Forester STi that made me into a fan. I started reading up on Subaru and all they did and became more and more fanatical until one day I was driving around with my buddy and we came across a Subaru dealership so we went in to check out the STi and I saw it. There in front of me was the 2012 GR sedan in WRB with those gold wheels and I said to myself "that's the car I'm going to get". I always lusted after Hawkeyes and STi swapped Fozs but that GR was the top of the list.
Fast forward to 2017 and I finally got my hands on her. It wasn't WRB, didn't have gold wheels (in fact they're white) but it was an STi and it was mine (the more I saw the car in white the more I liked it to the point now where, especially keeping with the name, I won't have the car repainted). I got my dream car.
This is the day I brought her home.
This is going to be my chronicle of what I do to this car; There's a year's worth of updates that I'm going to put in a couple of posts but I'll keep it all in chronological order.
The first picture is actually of mine and a friend's (now sold and he got a 2018 WRX RS Package) GRs. Mine's on the left with him taking a picture of me taking a picture of him taking a picture of our cars and the other one is an MG that pulled into the shell station when I was filling up.
SO, on to the actual stuff, instead of my dreamy-eyed talk about getting the car and driving off into the sunset (driving into the sunset sucks, you can't see shit with the sun in your eyes. movies are dumb);
Got the car with 164,000-someodd km on the clock; It had a
Another thing people are probably wondering about is "Amaterasu". What the hell is that? Some kinda Italian desert?? No, Amaterasu is the Shinto goddess of the sun and the universe. It works out well because in many of the depictions of her, she's seen wearing (predominantly) white/red. Also because I always named my cars with a tradition of giving them a name somehow related to the culture/country they're from. So because of that, even though if you cut me open I would bleed WRB and gold, I'm keeping the car white with red stuff smattered around as accents
228.3 KB Views: 20