IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

Am I nuts? Cause I currently drive an 02' Audi A4 1.8T Quattro, with only like 41k. She is a 5-speed, Sport package, Dolphin Grey metallic, but all around great car, and absolutly awesome in the winter(with winter tires), But I think recently I caught a bug....the (cough,cough) Subi flu. You see My buddy just recently picked up a 2006 STI steel grey... Holy hell. That is all I have to say. I have always been into cars, used to own a 98 Integra Type R. That car was stupid fast for its time. Anyway, I am selling my Audi to get a 06' STI. I would get the grey, but my buddy has that, so I am opting for Black with Gold wheels. I have read a lot in the subi forum's and hear guys/gals trading in there subi for Audi's, not he other way around! So is it me, YA I guess I am nuts!!! I just can't get over the power, handling, How good you can feel the road. Some might say I am crazy, but I just can't help it anymore.... So here I come, well as soon as I can sell the Audi. I hope to god I sell this thing fast, cause it is driving me absolutly crazy having to wait to get this new subi. Anyway I am new here, So I am sure I will be asking lots of questions and all. As subi's are a bit new to me. I would like to get some feedback is too whoever wants to fill me in on how the sti's are in the winter time(with winter wheels of course)Later all.

·
IWSTI Club Level 11ty
5,687 Posts
inov8ter said:
Hello all,

Am I nuts? Cause I currently drive an 02' Audi A4 1.8T Quattro, with only like 41k. She is a 5-speed, Sport package, Dolphin Grey metallic, but all around great car, and absolutly awesome in the winter(with winter tires), But I think recently I caught a bug....the (cough,cough) Subi flu. You see My buddy just recently picked up a 2006 STI steel grey... Holy hell. That is all I have to say. I have always been into cars, used to own a 98 Integra Type R. That car was stupid fast for its time. Anyway, I am selling my Audi to get a 06' STI. I would get the grey, but my buddy has that, so I am opting for Black with Gold wheels. I have read a lot in the subi forum's and hear guys/gals trading in there subi for Audi's, not he other way around! So is it me, YA I guess I am nuts!!! I just can't get over the power, handling, How good you can feel the road. Some might say I am crazy, but I just can't help it anymore.... So here I come, well as soon as I can sell the Audi. I hope to god I sell this thing fast, cause it is driving me absolutly crazy having to wait to get this new subi. Anyway I am new here, So I am sure I will be asking lots of questions and all. As subi's are a bit new to me. I would like to get some feedback is too whoever wants to fill me in on how the sti's are in the winter time(with winter wheels of course)Later all.
i have only seen people go from the A4/S4 to the STI. I don't think going to a better-handling-more-power-car is crazy... Why the heck would that be crazy? It makes perfect sense.

Edit your title explaining you are coming from and Audi. You will get a lot of ex-Audi guys chiming in.

·
Drive True
6,829 Posts
The only thing I can see about Audis is they're more expensive and heavy.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Crazy?

You'd only be considered crazy if you decided to keep your Audi after checking out your buddy's STI! LOL

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I admit the Audi is very heavy, I planned on doing some things to it, but just never did for some reason, to me that was a sign, cause usually that is the first thing i do when i get a car, is do stuff to them. I know that i love the STI. Everytime I hang out with my buddy I always have to drive it. I just hate this waiting around. But soon enough. What is everyone's experience with the winters with them. Without stated what a blast they are, with slididng them around. But mostly how do they grip/handle under normal driving?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just go through cars a lot. And until I find one, and I think that now I have, I usually just keep getting something new. But now i think I have found something that I will call my own for a lot longer period of time. It just flat out rocks!!!!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
gratz .. keep us updated and let us know when you get your sti .. If you have any question feel free to send me a pm .. But i dont know anything about winter .. since i live here in hot soca WOOT summer tires all the time

·
IWSTI Club Level 11ty
5,687 Posts
You will need better tires for winter/snow driving. the oem bridgestones are high performance "summer tires".

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know that, I was just wondering how it hadled in the winter with winter tires is all. That is how it is now with my Audi.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That is kinda how I would have to put it also, I really did not think i was nuts, I am just giving up comfort fro something greater. Most people would think that would be a bad move. To them I say, I hate you!!!. Just kidding.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
hahaha - that's funny. Yah, I mean I liked my Audi a lot, but it was very disconnected from the road, even after some serious suspension mods. Reliability was also very poor. The only audi that really excites me atm is the RS4 and it is crazy money.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ya, it is just too heavy of a car. My buddies dad had a RS6 chipped and that thing was a damb rocket. They are just a nice car if you like comfort, And personaly i had enough of it. Also when mine was in the shop they gave me as a rental the brand new A6 automatic of course, The only thing good about them is all the electronic crap. other than that, i think the new body styles suck big time. anyway i will keep everyone posted as too when the arrival of the my new Beast is actually mine!!! whooaaaaaa!!!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ya dude, definitely go for the STi. You will be very satisfied. And no offense man, but most people that go from STi to audi are getting the S4 or RS4 because of the luxury factor. Haven't seen anyone go from a STi to an 02 1.8t...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts