-Whiteline Diff Inserts
-Whiteline rear sway bracing
-Kartboy End Links

Bling:
-2011 Front bumper w/ fogs
-RA Mudflaps
-20% Tint
-Hella Supertones
-Nokya 9005 and 9006 lights for high beams and fogs.
-Subaru Rain Guards
-TDCAMBAR Rear Camera
-Perrin Radiator Shroud
-IAG Radiator Stays
-HT Autos Front Lip and Sideskirts
-Beatrush Rear Towhook

What the car looked like the week I picked it up:

History:
Purchased the vehicle Dec 23rd 2010. Came with all sorts of factory bells and whistles, NAV, fog lights, BBS rims, all weather mats, titanium shift knob. Plus a full Cobb TBE, APR Carbon lip, RA mudflaps, and a Cobb AP. Was difficult to pass up with only 6k on the clock.
December 23, 2010 - Proud owner of a 2008 STI
February 2011 - AEM Intake and Stg2 /w CAI OTS loaded
April 2011 -New 2011 front end, and fresh SSM Paint. Debadged hatch only STI remaining.
October 2011 - IAG installs goodies then Jorge tunes and road tunes my car. Got to spend a good bit of time with him as we ironed out the lean spot in the +08's while driving around Westminster. He's a great guy! Put down 311awhp 376awtq. Scares me when it spools up. Also installed Nokya yellow 9005 and 9006 lights for the DRL/Highs and fog lights. Word to the wise, needed to use the original O-ring for the DRL/High beam lights as the ones shipped didn't want to fit.
December 2011 - Subaru Rain Guards for Christmas! As well as an AVIC-Z130BT headunit and JDM Bezel. GT Spec D-shaped Wheel installed
April 2012 - Installed Perrin FMIC picked up from another iwsti member. Black core and piping. Also installed Perrin Inlet
June 2012 - Painted roof black metallic by Vince's Body Shop in Randallstown MD. Continental DWS Tires installed by IAG Performance
July 2012 - Have backup camera installed by Westminster Speed and Sound as well as German Maestro Components front and coax rears, JL Audio Amp, and sound treated doors. Installed Whiteline Steering Rack bushings. Somehow I lost a mudflap =[
September 2012 - Fuel Regulator, Fuel Pump, Dom 1.5XTR 10cm Housing and Tune performed at IAG Performance by Jorge
April 2013 - Adjusted tune by IAG to correct some fueling issues, a few tweaks by Jorge and now 390whp. Spool is a little better too. Really enjoying what he did with the cam tables. Also added some Dynamat type stuff (Rattle Trap) inside the hatch to assist with the sub install coming up soon.
May 2013 - Installed JL Audio 10W0 subwoofer in an Audio Integrations box. Sounds stellar. I'm quite excited with the way the car sounds now.
June 2013 - OCAWD Meet! Met a lot of great Subaru people and had a blast.
September 2013 - Took the car to the drag stip and managed a best pass of 12.9 with a horrid launch, she has more in her but I don't think I'll get to it this year.
November 2013 - Car lost cylinder 4, at IAG for a rebuild
February 2014 - Rebuild complete. Hopefully I won't break anything again.
August 2018 - That didn't last long, transmission seems broken
October 2018 - Transmission entirely rebuilt by IAG. Everything but 1st, 4th, 5th, and 6th gears replaced.
November 2018 - For Sale!

How the car sits now:

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Re: Alt's 2008 SSM

Dyno Day at a local shop, shame it was only 2wd so I didn't get to play. But a guy did manage to snap a couple pictures of the ride.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Alt's 2008 SSM

I have a body shop that makes miracles happen. Everything they sourced from my car came from all over the country. I'm so happy to almost have it back. Next couple of days I'll take a few pictures when I pick it up.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Alt's 2008 SSM - 2011 Front end conversion

Back from the body shop with the new front end and fresh tint! ****ty Cell pics incoming.

·
Registered
585 Posts

Good to see someone else did this too. I love my 08/11 hybrid! Now we are just effed because of the lack of aftermarket lips.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Yeah, I know. I am kind of partial to how the 2011 front looks w/o a lip on it for the moment. Contemplating coilovers, I'd destroy a lip if I dropped the car any.

·
Registered
228 Posts

ALTSPACEN.

Conversion came out great! I too am trying to do this but I have FMIC... I wouldn't want to cut the bumper like my current one...

·
Registered
798 Posts

looks great, did you just need the bumper and grill? or did you also get the fender liners? do you know if the under panel is the same on the '11?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

ALTSPACEN.

Conversion came out great! I too am trying to do this but I have FMIC... I wouldn't want to cut the bumper like my current one...
As far as cutting the front bumper up to fit a FMIC, I don't know how much material you have to cut away. However, I know that the fog light assembly has moved some as the '08 fogs did not fit. I have been contemplating a FMIC as well especially with the open area in the '11 bumper, but I believe I'm going to go for more of a sleeper look when I start looking at upgrading.

looks great, did you just need the bumper and grill? or did you also get the fender liners? do you know if the under panel is the same on the '11?
Bumper, grill, fog light assembly, and fog light inserts for the bumper. Did not need the '11 fender liners but I can see where they made the change with 2 holes. No shakes rattles or movement though with the '08 liners. I will have to get underneath the vehicle to look at the under panel to answer your question about that. The body shop didn't tell me anything about it not fitting, granted I never really looked underneath to see if I still had the under panel when I purchased the car in the first place.

·
Registered
798 Posts

haha yeah the other posts i have seen said they only needed the grille and the bumper. they also said the fogs are the same just the covers, do you know if that's true? need to find an excuse to upgrade to the '11 front bumper lol.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I'll get an exact answer from the shop that did my work tomorrow. They did need to order something for the fog lights because they told me that they did not fit correctly. Part price was around 130. Again, I'll get confirmation of what that part was.

Parts list:
Front Bumper Cover 57704fg11
Grill Assembly 91121fg330
Tow hook cover. 57731fg330
Fog light delete. 57731fg310en
Fog light cover. 57731fg320en

Last 2 parts are which option you want for the clip in piece, either blank or with the hole for the fog light.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

So according to the body shop, they also needed to order a 2011 foglight assembly to make it work. Which contained the needed bracketry.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts