IW STi Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd be very interested to know how this goes or doesn't as the case maybe. Depending on who I ask, some say yes, some say no. If they go in OK please can you let me know how big the spacers are you use and if the door panel goes back on OK, are you intending to use OEM tweeter location?

Thanks,

Andy.

·
Registered
32 Posts
So how did it go? Let us know, I have these too; I am ordering the large cutout thick kit from IA to install these. Anything to be ready for with installation of these?

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have an appointment for install on Dec. 23rd at 9am. I'll tell you that afternoon. I got the LARGE, THICK spacers from IA...like I said before. I'm actually kinda worried about them fitting, myself.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
How did the install go?!?!?! Inquiring minds want to know :) I have 5.25 for hte fronts right now, but plan on moving those to the back later on and getting a set of SPR-176A's for the fronts.

·
Registered
241 Posts
THey needed MORE spacers then just the IA large, thick spacers. But i'm happy. The lows aren't as good as I was hoping... but what will you do. THat's why I'm getting a 10w7 installed in a custom box in a week and a half. The guy said that once you take the lows out of these speakers, the highs and mids open up REALLY REALLY well... amazingly well. I'll be sure to let you know once I get everything installed and tuned. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So how thick were the spacers in total? Did they still go behind the door panels OK or did they need a lot of work to make them fit?

Thanks,

Andy.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I successfully fitted these with nothing more than the IA LARGE THICK kit. I had to use two of the THICK washers in back of the window assembly, its a gold nut to the right of the speaker hole (drivers side) The instructions include this tip. Then I had to use 1 nut and 1 washer for each bottom screw of the adapter plate. Fits like a glove. I mounted the crossovers with some drywall screws after I predrilled the holes. Watch out for clearance on the inside of the door with your screws for the crossovers. I just backed mine out because It was rubbing some of the window assembly. Other than that it went well. Hats off to IA for the top notch kit. Couldnt have possibly done it with out it. Only problem is I am getting the honeycomb rattle when the bass hits. I am going to take all the lows out of the speakers when I put my subs in though so that should take care of that. :roll:

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Scooby-Newb said:
I am going to take all the lows out of the speakers when I put my subs in though so that should take care of that. :roll:
How do you that? I'd have expected the crossovers to filter out the lows the speakers couldn't handle...

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
McRae driving for Nissan in the Dakar

A better way is to just fix the problem... a couple other threads about speaker installs have detailed explanations on how others of us got rid of our rattles completely.

·
Registered
241 Posts
New Tuner Site

Slowride said:
Scooby-Newb said:
I am going to take all the lows out of the speakers when I put my subs in though so that should take care of that. :roll:
How do you that? I'd have expected the crossovers to filter out the lows the speakers couldn't handle...
I'm pretty sure that it has to do with the fitment rather than the speaker not being able to handle it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts