IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a lot of research and price and quality seem to add up to the Alpine CDA-9815. Looking for - Where to buy (lowest Hypaudio.com $334)
- Could there be a better choice(sux it ain't phantom face)?
- How easy is it to install (guides?, never done it)
- What will I need to install and where to get (wire harness etc.)

I see alot of post with this installed so I think there someone to help. Also looking at Diamond for speakers, 361 the way to go?

Don't plan on amps and subs now, it comes in stages.

·
Registered
779 Posts
STI Mats

The 9815 is a very good choice, you will be quite satisfied with it. It might be a good idea to pick up a wire harness adapter to mate with your factory harness to wire the deck to. As for the Diamonds, I have both M6 components up front and M3 coax in the rear. They sound good, i'm satisfied. They could use an amp though.

·
Registered
57 Posts
10 bux says you'll never use all the features of the 9815 :p
why not go for the 9813? i mean it's not "blue" and it doesn't have that downloadable sound map feature, but why pay more for something that you;ll never use? sometimes i regret getting the 9813 because i don't use those crazy features :oops: but i got it for the wattage, but now i have amps and the internal amp is moot. not sayin don't get a 9815, it looks awesome, but if yer tryin to save a penny...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Rand McNally NAVMAN

I have the 9815 in my STi and it's been great. It does have all sorts of spiffy features and whatnot that I'm slowly learning how to use, but Hollywood is probably right...it does have a lot of features that I'll probably never touch. And sometimes I feel like it's a little "too" complicated.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
HOLLYW00D said:
10 bux says you'll never use all the features of the 9815 :p
you're absolutely right. i have the 9815, and i carry the manual around in my car so if i'm ever stuck in a major traffic jam, i can toy with all the more obscure and esoteric features. but hey, i'm a guy, i'm genetically predisposed to liking gadgets, and the more complicated (but still well designed) the better. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have also installed Alpine 9815. It is a great unit and it has many great features which I have no time nor clue how to use maximize it. However, IMO, 9815 do have its short coming. For example, detectable face makes a very good anti-thief feature but during certain type of road condition, it does make a bit of rattle noise. Other short coming would be its neon blue display color. I have change my center console to red so it looks very “standout” as with the rest of the instruments.

As for extra info: I have order all my systems from www.hookedontronics.com and the spacers from www.iaperformance.com I found both site offer great service and I have receive my items promptly. However, as for iaperformance, I was recommitted rear spacers for the alpine 5.25” speakers, but it is not needed! So do your homework, be an informed consumer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts