IW STi Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
After browsing the site for some time, I have become increasingly confused by what wheels do and don't fit over our brakes. I have seen Rage Breakers on the STi, but when I tried to put them on they didn't fit. Did this person use spacers? (Hope not) I also have not seen a lot of info on the different offset sizes. I know our stock wheels have a 53 offset, but most websites say that a 45 will fit. I have tried 45, 46, 47, 48 and none go on. Could everybody please post thier knowledge of exactly what wheels fit, a detailed description of the sizes and where they ere purchased? It would prevent me from using those pretty gold ones in the snow, as well as losing money oh shipping for rims that don't fit! Thank you so much.
Bryan

·
Registered
343 Posts
Maybe start a thread requesting pictures as proof that the wheels do actually fit over the Brembos.

Also, I see many 17" wheel designs that compensates for the calipers but are not 53mm offset. While the "fit" do they put stress on the wheel bearings?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate the link, however, the wheels on the list do not in fact fit. i ordered the rage breakers with 42 and 46 offsets, neither fit. also, the enkei rs5's do not fit either. i know this because i saw the wheels against the calipers with my own eyes. i would really like to hear from people who have actually put wheels on their car. neverthless, i am sure most of the wheels on this list do fit, but i cannot risk the shipping costs for more "mistakes".
thank you
Bryan

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also, if you read further down the NASIOC page, you find that many of the wheels on that list do not fit when those members tried them as well. i am interested in saving averybody shipping costs and scratches on their brakes.

·
Registered
128 Posts
How noisey is the ride???

These fit and I believe the Rota SDR's and I moght be wrong but I htink the Tarmac II also fit....OH the Battles are 48mm offset I had them on my 2001 RS they are 17x7.5

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Those look like Rota battles above. I think they are discontinued.
I am getting Rota SDR. I will let you know if they fit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’m with canadaman13. Unfortunately photos sometimes don’t offer definitive proof. Case in point, the link above indicates the 5Zigen FN01R-C 17x8 (+48 offset) will fit a Sti. There are even pictures of this wheel on a Sti. I tried the 17x8 (+48 offset) on my car and I can tell you this size wheel will NOT fit a 2004 Sti without a minimum 8mm spacer. A spacer may be used on the silver Sti with the FN01R-C wheels, but it is not indicated anywhere. Is it conceivable that Subaru put two sizes of Brembos on the Sti? Nothing would surprise me at this point.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
garlo,
i refrained from that very suggestion for fear of being laughed at. however, the manager at discount tires seems to believe that it may be a feasable solution. how else would the exact same wheels fit some 04 sti's and not others. keep you posted.
Bryan

·
Registered
208 Posts
Just briefly wanted to vent that I don't care for the apparently regular linking to NASIOC. In some cases its appropriate, but in this case there is a North American STi owner interested in STi specific information. This site is supposed to be for just that purpose. I would like to think that NASIOC would be linking to this site for very good, very detailed STi information. Also, the original poster clearly mentioned that he had done some research and was looking for individuals to describe their personal successes.
Sorry for the vent. Back to the topic... :D

·
Registered
208 Posts
Point taken.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts