IW STi Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just picked up some all-weather mats for the STi and I'm less than impressed with the fitment. The driver side fits ok, but the passenger side doesn't extend up the footwell and it also doesn't sit flush with the front of the seat brackets. Is this what others have experienced as well or did the dealer get the wrong mats? Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure the plastic with the part number has been thrown away. The rears appear to fit fine.

Thanks,

-st

·
Registered
151 Posts
I too have the wrx all weather mats. When I first put them in I was thinking, WTF, these don't fit at all. Then after having them in place for a week or so they didn't look so bad. I think they're just not quite big enough but hey, I've got better things to worry about. I think you'll that once your mats are in place for a little while they will mold to the floor better

·
Registered
260 Posts
I just received a set of the WeatherTechs from MacNeil and in my opinion they do not fit the STi. They shipped the W3/W20 and the front driver's side doesn't clear the trunk & fuel cover pop. There's no cut-out for it so it rides on top of it and is lumpy. I just called for a return authorization. Guess I'll pick up some WRX mats. :cry:

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
i just went with some TYPE S -oo yaaaaaa- advanced autoparts black/blue rubber mats, probably will break out the huge lawn sheers and cut it to fit, but for now its fine and does its job.

Robert~

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
ok

drewster said:
I just received a set of the WeatherTechs from MacNeil and in my opinion they do not fit the STi. They shipped the W3/W20 and the front driver's side doesn't clear the trunk & fuel cover pop. There's no cut-out for it so it rides on top of it and is lumpy. I just called for a return authorization. Guess I'll pick up some WRX mats. :cry:
Mine do the same thing and the ones I had for my old Legacy did that also. I think the weather techs cover good though and don't mind them going over the trunk and fuel door release levers. I got mine to use during the winter and the more they cover the better, that's the point of them. A lot of dirt and stuff can build up under the trunk and fuel levers.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
MKIVSupra said:
...and don't mind them going over the trunk and fuel door release levers. I got mine to use during the winter and the more they cover the better...A lot of dirt and stuff can build up under the trunk and fuel levers.
yep, that's my take on this also. protection of those levers is important, particularly the fuel lever. if that lever gets hosed, you have no backup for opening the fill door.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Transporter_STi said:
Do you guys have retaining pin that are located on the passenger side for the floor mats?
NO, not on the pass side. We have 1 on the driver's side here in the US. My UK STi mats also came with velcro on them to help hold them in place.

·
Registered
287 Posts
MKIVSupra said:
Transporter_STi said:
Do you guys have retaining pin that are located on the passenger side for the floor mats?
NO, not on the pass side. We have 1 on the driver's side here in the US. My UK STi mats also came with velcro on them to help hold them in place.
Dam, why not in Canada. First it's no HID then whats next???
oh well, dam it. :evil:

T

·
0 Posts
The Canadian edition does come with the pins, 2 on the driver's side and one on the passenger side. If they are missing then the dealer forgot to instal them. They do come standard as the mats are included in our cars.

·
Registered
287 Posts
turbs said:
The Canadian edition does come with the pins, 2 on the driver's side and one on the passenger side. If they are missing then the dealer forgot to instal them. They do come standard as the mats are included in our cars.
Dam the dealer... I am pissed off now.
I thought that I was missing them. I will tell the dealer to install them. :evil:
Is their anything else I should look for that may be missing?

Thanks for the update... lazy dealer!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts